Wichita State vs. Emporia State Pregame Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State vs. Emporia State Pregame Discussion

Wichita State (2-2) vs Emporia State (3-0)
    Friday, December 18, 2020
    Charles Koch Arena
    Tipoff is 6 p.m. CT on ESPN+

This will be Wichita State's third regular season meeting with Emporia State in the past eight seasons. The teams last played on Nov. 19, 2015 in Wichita. Fred VanVleet rested an injured hamstring, but fellow senior Ron Baker stepped up with a game-high 23 points to key a 76-54 Shocker win.

I’ve heard ESU is supposed to be one of the better teams in their division this year. Hopefully they are a solid opponent who will make us pay for mistakes but that we are good enough now to allow more minutes for guys like Jenkins, Seymour and Bilaut. We might not like “cupcake” games as fans but I did like the way Marshall would use them to build quality depth that usually seemed to benefit us as the year went on.

Comment

Don't know if it's still on, but ESU is scheduled to play Lincoln Thursday at home. Looks to be a 2 PM tip. If so, they might be playing us on tired legs late in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
        I’ve heard ESU is supposed to be one of the better teams in their division this year. Hopefully they are a solid opponent who will make us pay for mistakes but that we are good enough now to allow more minutes for guys like Jenkins, Seymour and Bilaut. We might not like “cupcake” games as fans but I did like the way Marshall would use them to build quality depth that usually seemed to benefit us as the year went on.
        By Transitive Property ESU > FHSU > K-State > Iowa State

So they are better than 2 Big 12 teams ..

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
          Don't know if it's still on, but ESU is scheduled to play Lincoln Thursday at home. Looks to be a 2 PM tip. If so, they might be playing us on tired legs late in the game.
          They also have a game scheduled Saturday at 4 ... that's a rough 3 days ..

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

By Transitive Property ESU > FHSU > K-State > Iowa State

So they are better than 2 Big 12 teams ..

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
              John elway has really gone downhill in recent years.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

I'm gonna go with...........Mo has a big game

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  I predict we will see a lot of Mo, Bilau, Ricky, CJ, and Porter.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                  Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    Which won't mean a thing to me. The center position is still wide open. Mo has had these kind of opportunities
                    before against weaker teams and excelled only to be exposed against good centers. I hope HCIB uses this
                    game to give JB plenty of minutes and the ball. He needs to taste some success and understand his own
                    abilities/upside and so does IB I was hoping to see improvement this year over last in Mo but I am seeing the same guy.
                    We need Mo but in a month he may be the third head.

Comment

Do NOT get Eco-Kated.

Comment

Very possibly the worst mascot idea in the history of Human Kind.

I always wondered how this happened and why someone at Kstate didn't say NO!!!

Kansas State's EcoKat is The Crappiest Mascot Ever (athlonsports.com)

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                          Very possibly the worst mascot idea in the history of Human Kind.

I always wondered how this happened and why someone at Kstate didn't say NO!!!

Kansas State's EcoKat is The Crappiest Mascot Ever (athlonsports.com)
                          Our WeShock ‘many moons ago’ might have given him a run for the money.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The article is correct. TotallyShitFacedKat would have been much better at getting messages of conservation across to students.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Our WeShock ‘many moons ago’ might have given him a run for the money.
                              I was actually the WuShock for a bit in the mid 1980s and was a compatriot of Wee Shock. There is unequivocally, absolutely no comparison between the tragedy of EkoKat and Wee Shock.

Comment

Working...
                              X