Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocker fans hoping WSU collides with KU in tournament.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker fans hoping WSU collides with KU in tournament.

Was just reading Lutz's chat transcript over on the eagle website.. Certainly not the first time I've heard this so far this season, but saw some Shocker fans on there hoping WSU meets KU in the tournament. I got news for everyone, if WSU does make the tournament and some how ends up getting matched up against KU, it wouldn't be the usual KU playing some team they've never even heard of before. They know all about WSU.. I'm sure they would treat the game like they were playing KSU. In game match up's though, in the event of it happening, which chances are very low.. WSU would over power KU post players... Stutz and Hall Vs. Withey and T-Rob.. Then if Stutz and Hall are in foul trouble or fatigued, Nightmare and White Vs. Withey and T-Rob.. As far as guarding the outside, i'm not sure what WSU does here. Who slows down Tyshawn Taylor?

Pointless ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, unless and untill it ever happens
    From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

Another KU thread?
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

A friend of mine, who is probably reading this right now...who went to WSU and KU...put a pretty sizable lump of cash on a "Lock" a few years ago KU vs Bradley.

Our odds would be much better than Bradley, UNI, VCU, Bucknell, Davidson....I guess maybe that would make it a little harder to get a ho hum game out of KU. But I'd put WSU's best game against KU's best game any day. We saw what a focused WSU team can do when they played UNLV.

Comment

Guys, really? I am as sick as anyone of the KU elitist arrogance, but Stutz and Hall dominating T-Rob and Whithey? Please. Our guards could hang with Releford, Taylor and company. We would lead until T-Rob gets appropriately p.o.'d like he did last night. Then we're in trouble. Having said that, I hope it comes to pass and I'm made to eat these words.

Comment

Just read through the chat on the Eagle's site... I see that "Shocker fans hoping WSU collides with KU in tournament." actually amounts to 2 posters making one comment...ROFL!

Comment

It would be a good game no doubt, Lutz said in that chat that out of 10 games with WSU, KU would win 8. That's a pretty bold statement to be making I think. It's pretty unfair towards WSU, since historically (1955) the two teams have only played a handful of times. And the longest streak that we did play them was the 90's which just happened to be the darkest days for the WSU Athletic Department. Just from what's been said by Marshall and Sexton over the years, a match up with KU anywhere on the planet would be fitting. If they do meet in the tournament this year. That would be neat.

Comment

There is only one guarantee here. If and when we ever eventually meet in this century, one of us is going to win.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                  There is only one guarantee here. If and when we ever eventually meet in this century, one of us is going to win.
                  You're assuming that there will be sufficient lighting for a complete game after hell has frozen over.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Ah a matchup that I would like to see but not sure I want to see it in the tournament. Especially this year.

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                      Was just reading Lutz's chat transcript over on the eagle website.. Certainly not the first time I've heard this so far this season, but saw some Shocker fans on there hoping WSU meets KU in the tournament. I got news for everyone, if WSU does make the tournament and some how ends up getting matched up against KU, it wouldn't be the usual KU playing some team they've never even heard of before. They know all about WSU.. I'm sure they would treat the game like they were playing KSU. In game match up's though, in the event of it happening, which chances are very low.. WSU would over power KU post players... Stutz and Hall Vs. Withey and T-Rob.. Then if Stutz and Hall are in foul trouble or fatigued, Nightmare and White Vs. Withey and T-Rob.. As far as guarding the outside, i'm not sure what WSU does here. Who slows down Tyshawn Taylor?
                      LOL you are delusional. They are much better than us in the paint, at least at the starting spots. Withey is a more athletic version and more refined than Stutz and T-Rob is a more athletic and refined version of Carl Hall, who can actually shoot outside the paint. However, we match up quite nicely with them at the guard position. It'd be a fun game to watch. We'd have to take them out of their high/low game. I'd really enjoy seeing a Releford/Murry match-up on both ends. They're nearly the same player.

Comment

History is on WSU's side in the event of a tournament collision. WSU has ousted KU from the NCAA tournament before... While KSU is 0-for the tournament in match up's against KU.

Comment

History is on WSU's side in the event of a tournament collision. WSU has ousted KU from the NCAA tournament before... While KSU is 0-for the tournament in match up's against KU.
                          I don't think history comes into play when it happened 30 years ago.

Comment

@WstateU: your services are needed! This thread was born for one of your pic posts!
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I think this reply is just proof of @XManCometh:'s statement that you're delusional. History has nothing to do with a match-up this year.

If there was a year that WSU has a shot at taking down KU it would be this year. They have little depth, and the only way of upsetting KU would be to absolutely shut down their post, and hope that our guards can stack up against their guards while double teaming their post. Then taking their depth into consideration, we would try and run them ragged.

I would be very excited about a potential match up with KU in the NCAA tournament. Not that I think we have a good chance of beating them, but just because it would be an enjoyable in-state match up that a lot of people have wanted for years.
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X