Koch Arena Bag Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Do we even have a choice or is this dictated by the AAC or maybe the NCAA?

What doesn't make sense is why you only need to have security if you expect attendance greater than 5,000. It only take 1 nut case to cause a bad situation. And despite our demographics we no doubt have a few nut cases here and there.
    I guess with alcohol sales, it does make more sense. Still feels like trying to keep 10,000 honest people honest though. I do firmly believe if a violent person wants to get a weapon into the arena, they will do so, and what we have ensured is there are 10,000 unprotected potential victims. On the other hand, with alcohol, someone that has access to a weapon might use it that otherwise wouldn't if they hadn't been sipping on liquid courage. So I suppose the tradeoff is more reasonable if you are going to have alcohol sales.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Also, with Kansas having concealed carry as a matter of law, to prohibit the carrying of arms inside a public building, a reasonable effort has to be made to protect those that are prohibited from protecting themselves by the no carry policy at Koch Arena.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

You feel threatened? By the ladies? With a median age of, what, maybe 45 - 50 years young?
        Yeah, they're a scary bunch - the blue hairs.

Comment

Dafuq do you need the big bag for anyways, KungWu? I get it, ladies pants don’t have pockets but still.

Comment

Don't know if it is an AAC policy but Tulsa did not check any bags coming into their arena last year plus they let you keep the tops on your containers and beer was half as much.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
              Don't know if it is an AAC policy but Tulsa did not check any bags coming into their arena last year plus they let you keep the tops on your containers and beer was half as much.
              This gives me a big WTF!?

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                Dafuq do you need the big bag for anyways, KungWu? I get it, ladies pants don’t have pockets but still.
                Because she has to carry my hairspray.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  Went to the NIT game @ Furman last year, and legit just walked in after our tickets were scanned. Wife could have brought in a baked turkey, and I'm confident no one would have said anything.

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

Went to the NIT game @ Furman last year, and legit just walked in after our tickets were scanned. Wife could have brought in a baked turkey, and I'm confident no one would have said anything.
                    But the fear of a potential bag check prevented her from bringing the baked turkey!

Comment

You feel threatened? By the ladies? With a median age of, what, maybe 45 - 50 years young?

for the same reason that...

i put my pocket knife in my shoe to make it through the metal detector instead of walking all the way back to the car...

and the kids hold the drugs on the corner for the drug dealers...

and terrorists recruit those with the gold star on their drivers license...

yep... some ladies be crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        Also, with Kansas having concealed carry as a matter of law, to prohibit the carrying of arms inside a public building, a reasonable effort has to be made to protect those that are prohibited from protecting themselves by the no carry policy at Koch Arena.
                        This is exactly why they put in the metal detector and bag check policy. Though I suspect the bag check policy is being updated due to contraband (e.g. beer) that is trying to be sneaked into the arena.

So get rid of the 2nd amendment and the metal detectors will go away. The bag check will probably stay to protect their beer sales.

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

Well they have the nicest coach in D1 (or are they D2 can't remember) so there is no worry about anyone doing anything bad.

Comment

I need something new to complain about.
                            Eric Stevenson's dad says hello! ):

Comment

You better be!

Comment

I also heard all bags will have their temperature taken upon entry.

Comment

Working...
                                X