What's the deal with ESPN+?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Its a separate purchase from the normal provided with a tv package.
    Thanks!
    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
      After reading Taylor's article I wasn't sure if one has ESPN as part of a TV package if you still needed to buy ESPN+. He mentioned downloading and installing the ESPN app and then activating ESPN+. Does that mean you can activate it provided you have ESPN as well, or does that mean you have to purchase ESPN+ as a separate add-on and activate it within the ESPN app? I'm thinking it's probably a separate purchase, but I didn't want to purchase it if it was already included as part of a regular tv cable subscription. Thanks.
      Your ESPN package gets you access to the normal ESPN channels on the App (games shown on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU all can be streamed through the app too). To get ESPN+ its a separate subscription that does not require a TV package.

Comment

Will getting espn+ also unlock the streamed games from espn,2,u?

I gave up all types of cable is why I am asking.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
          Will getting espn+ also unlock the streamed games from espn,2,u?

I gave up all types of cable is why I am asking.
          Unfortunately not. ESPN+ is separate from ESPN/ESPN2 networks.

If ESPN ever did strike out totally on their own (and they will I think eventually) that will probably kill cable TV providers (but be prepared to what happens with your internet provider).

Comment

So if you already have Disney+, you can get the Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu bundle for $12.99 ... so you are essentially getting Hulu for an extra $1.17/mo in that situation. Just a heads up.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Looks like they're going to bump up the annual cost of ESPN+ in 2021 per https://seekingalpha.com/news/364806...c-fight-prices and so if you want it at the current cost, buy it before next Friday.

"Annual subscriptions for new members of Disney's (NYSE:DIS) ESPN Plus streaming service will go up 20% from $49.99 to $59.99, effective January 8. Renewals of annual memberships will stay at the lower price until at least March 2."

If you just do the monthly subscription, that rate will stay at $5.99.

Comment

I'm forbidden from buying ESPN+ so any games on that platform, I can't watch. I was just about to order it when the boss put her foot down. We already have Hulu with Live, Netflix, Prime and because my wife watches some sci-fi bullshit Star Wars Mandolin thing, she kept the Disney after the free Verizon subscription ended. I've tried to justify it, its only a few more pennies, to no avail. She says I watch too much sports already..........
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                  I'm forbidden from buying ESPN+ so any games on that platform, I can't watch. I was just about to order it when the boss put her foot down. We already have Hulu with Live, Netflix, Prime and because my wife watches some sci-fi bullshit Star Wars Mandolin thing, she kept the Disney after the free Verizon subscription ended. I've tried to justify it, its only a few more pennies, to no avail. She says I watch too much sports already..........
                  If you have Hulu and Disney Plus with no ESPN+, you are being screwed and paying to much. ESPN+ comes free with the HULU/Disney + package.

Comment

Disney is also going to bump up the price of the bundle of Disney+ / Hulu / EPSN+ in March 2021, so if you're interested in that bundle, you'll want to buy it before then.

Comment

One of the main advantages of streaming services was the lower prices. That slowly is fading away..
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        One of the main advantages of streaming services was the lower prices. That slowly is fading away..
                        surprised-surprise.jpg

They know their competition and what the market will bare.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                          Looks like they're going to bump up the annual cost of ESPN+ in 2021 per https://seekingalpha.com/news/364806...c-fight-prices and so if you want it at the current cost, buy it before next Friday.

"Annual subscriptions for new members of Disney's (NYSE:DIS) ESPN Plus streaming service will go up 20% from $49.99 to $59.99, effective January 8. Renewals of annual memberships will stay at the lower price until at least March 2."

If you just do the monthly subscription, that rate will stay at $5.99.
                          I hope you are right since I started my subscription in November of 2020.

Comment

I hate it. I guess it is better than radio, though.

Comment

I've had no problems with ESPN+ but some buffering a few times. Maybe I need to increase my internet speed.

Are there compelling reasons to keep ESPN+ after basketball season? Will they broadcast college baseball?

Comment

I’ve had no problems with buffering, but they really need to do something with our local audio equipment. Our announcers sound like they are in a box. Almost no court/arena volume at all. All the other location’s games I’ve heard, including our road games, sound better. Kennedy on the radio sounds better. Should be a simple fix. Common guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X