What's the deal with ESPN+?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the deal with ESPN+?

How many games are gonna be on this pay channel? There are a million sports channels and they can't find one for WSU games?
    "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Not sure, but I’m guessing we’ll have a few Cox games (maybe not, if we don’t play any non-conference games). I would think most league games will be ESPN+. Unfortunately, that’s where it’s going for everyone. Not sure there’s many other options? Cox is Cox and I’ll leave it at that. You might as well ‘bite the bullet’ and sign up for ESPN+; my wife signed up yesterday ($6.51 monthly?)... she wanted to check out the ‘clucks’ up north. P.S. She said the Zags are the real deal.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Thanks. We watched the Squawks/Zags on regular TV; don't remember what channel though. Zags did look good!

Comment

Jerry seinfeld, is that you?

Comment

Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
          How many games are gonna be on this pay channel? There are a million sports channels and they can't find one for WSU games?
          If they happen, two of the three non-con games will be on ESPN+ according to the schedule on goshockers.com. The game in the middle, Missouri will be on ESPN2.

No tv listed yet for conference games. But according to the press release on the AAC and ESPN deal at https://theamerican.org/news/2019/3/...extension.aspx the ESPN+ games will kick in more in 22-23:

With the new agreement, The American will have a stronger and more extensive presence on ESPN’s primary TV networks – ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU. More than 135 conference-controlled games will air annually on the networks, and more than 1,650 events will be telecast throughout the duration of the contract. Among the annual events, the football championship game, all rounds of the men’s basketball championship, and multiple rounds of the women’s basketball championship, will be on ESPN TV networks.

The Conference will also be a valuable part of ESPN+, ESPN’s industry-leading direct-to-consumer sports streaming service. At least 1,000 American events will be featured on the platform beginning in 2022-23 and in each subsequent year of the contract. In the first two years, 1,250 events (500 in 2020-21 and 750 in 2021-22) will be distributed on ESPN+.
          Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
            Jerry seinfeld, is that you?
            Was just thinking this. Ha.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              Not sure, but I’m guessing we’ll have a few Cox games (maybe not, if we don’t play any non-conference games). I would think most league games will be ESPN+. Unfortunately, that’s where it’s going for everyone. Not sure there’s many other options? Cox is Cox and I’ll leave it at that. You might as well ‘bite the bullet’ and sign up for ESPN+; my wife signed up yesterday ($6.51 monthly?)... she wanted to check out the ‘clucks’ up north. P.S. She said the Zags are the real deal.
              I looked at the American Conference composite schedule and they have no television games listed for any of the schools. Only December was listed. However, the espn contract says that a significant number of AAC games are guaranteed on television. Usually the games and the corresponding media has been announced by now. It’s difficult to know if ESPN+ is worth it or not. Odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

IIt’s difficult to know if ESPN+ is worth it or not. Odd.
                The good thing is ESPN+ Is not like the demand for the PS5 and the resellers won’t be snapping up EPSN+ before u can subscribe, so you can wait patiently until they go ahead and release that information.

Comment

deleted
                  Last edited by Husker4Shockers; November 30, 2020, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
                    deleted

Edit:. Just saw you deleted it.
                    Last edited by Stickboy46; November 30, 2020, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

What was deleted?

Comment

Taylor Dropping the tech knowledge

Also of note, if you don't already have one of the 40 different devices this can be played on fire sticks which are on sale right now for as low as 18 bucks at Best Buy if you want to get set up on your TV or maybe an additional TV

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/amazon-...?skuId=6429568

If you have a 4k tv its probably work "splurging" the extra 12 bucks to get the 4k version. While ESPN wont stream in 4k many of the other apps will

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/amazon-...?skuId=6301667

Those are also the same prices at like target and Amazon directly

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yeah, dumb me. I asked what channel ESPN+ is on before I realized that it's a streaming thing

Comment

After reading Taylor's article I wasn't sure if one has ESPN as part of a TV package if you still needed to buy ESPN+. He mentioned downloading and installing the ESPN app and then activating ESPN+. Does that mean you can activate it provided you have ESPN as well, or does that mean you have to purchase ESPN+ as a separate add-on and activate it within the ESPN app? I'm thinking it's probably a separate purchase, but I didn't want to purchase it if it was already included as part of a regular tv cable subscription. Thanks.
                            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                              After reading Taylor's article I wasn't sure if one has ESPN as part of a TV package if you still needed to buy ESPN+. He mentioned downloading and installing the ESPN app and then activating ESPN+. Does that mean you can activate it provided you have ESPN as well, or does that mean you have to purchase ESPN+ as a separate add-on and activate it within the ESPN app? I'm thinking it's probably a separate purchase, but I didn't want to purchase it if it was already included as part of a regular tv cable subscription. Thanks.
                              Its a separate purchase from the normal provided with a tv package.

Comment

Working...
                              X