2020-21 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Why do they have the bench seats 4 feet apart involving players that are already interacting with each other on the court and/or in practice? What “protection” is it offering exactly? Or is it just for show?
    Like much of what goes on these days, it's all for show.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Why do they have the bench seats 4 feet apart involving players that are already interacting with each other on the court and/or in practice? What “protection” is it offering exactly? Or is it just for show?
      Complete show.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

How is this even possible in a college game
        Looks like it was a D3 opponent and from looking at the highlights on their twitter feed, they were pressing and shooting early in the shot clock even when they were up 70 some late in the game. Someone posted the stats on twitter - Samford was 71-111 in FG, including 20-42 from 3. All but 2 players scored and only one scored over 20 points.

There's a bio of the head coach on their team page and he's new and played college ball but never coached at the college level. Been coaching the last 12 years at a high school (graduated from college in 2007) . It's been a top 20 national high school and has won numerous state championships and he was named HS national coach of the year a couple years ago. Will be interesting to see how things go the rest of the year - they play in the Southern Conference.
        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Big Mit with 6 points and 15 rebounds in the GCU win over Grambling. Struggled with shooting but was a beast on the boards. Played 25 minutes and was in quite a bit with their other 6’10 big man. Really happy for him. Hope he gets a chance to play a ton of minutes this season.

Comment

Interesting game played between Georgia State and Georgia Tech yesterday. Went to 4 overtimes! Georgia State won it 123-120.

Box score for the Georgia State Panthers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets NCAAM game from November 25, 2020 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
              Burton with 4 points and 4 assists in Texas tech blowout win.
              I thought he was going to voluntarily red-shirt this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I thought he was going to voluntarily red-shirt this year.
                With the free year eligibility wise, I think that changed most peoples plans for sitting out.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan34 View Post

With the free year eligibility wise, I think that changed most peoples plans for sitting out.
                  Thanks. Forgot about that.

Comment

Need one set of rules.

Comment

Down goes Memphis.
                      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

1a. I love the piped-in crowd noise at a basically empty gym on Fox right now

1b. I still get a kick out of the “socially distanced” bench seating
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Anyone see the Bradley finish? Braves hit a 3 with 12 seconds for a 50-49 lead over Xavier.

X hits a jumper with 4 seconds for a 51-50 lead.

Bradley misses front end of 1-1 with less than a second.

51-50 final.

Comment

1a. I love the piped-in crowd noise at a basically empty gym on Fox right now

1b. I still get a kick out of the “socially distanced” bench seating
                            Is Self mocking the face mask requirements with a see-thru/porous mesh face mask?

Comment

Burton played most minutes last night22)
                              sherfeld and Teddy facing off in Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                                Burton played most minutes last night22)
                                sherfeld and Teddy facing off in Lincoln
                                Am I reading that right. Teddy allen with 5 steals already??

Comment

Working...
                                X