Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Drew Lock Offered A Basketball Scholarship By Wichita State?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Drew Lock Offered A Basketball Scholarship By Wichita State?

I am watching the Broncos/Dolphins game and I just heard Kevin Harlan say Drew Lock was offered a basketball scholarship by Wichita State out of high school. Is that true?

Comment

Thanks Dan.

Comment

Bob Richey would have closed the deal and got him to sign.

Comment

Originally posted by cjp27 View Post
          this deal is forever, isn't it? It will never die

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
            I am watching the Broncos/Dolphins game and I just heard Kevin Harlan say Drew Lock was offered a basketball scholarship by Wichita State out of high school. Is that true?
            I remember seeing last Sunday on Twitter people saying how Harlan mentioned it during that game. I imagine every time Harlan does a Broncos game he'll be throwing that nugget of information out there.
            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Not sure of exactly how many basketball offers he received, but I find it interesting that Kevin Harlan is touting the offer he received from WSU. Gotta love that!
              Go Shocks!

Comment

He's considered a strong candidate to solidify himself as a first-round pick. He's playing for Raiders coach Jon Gruden, who has an established affinity for new blood.

MOBILE, Ala. – During the fall of 2013, Wichita State basketball coach Gregg Marshall and assistant Steve Forbes made an unusual recruiting visit. They stopped at Lee’s Summit High School in the suburbs of Kansas City to watch a football practice.

The Shockers coaching staff had become smitten with a wing player named Drew Lock, who was in his junior season. Neither Forbes nor Marshall have more experience scouting football than with their remote controls, but both quickly realized they were wasting their time.

“I’m no Mel Kiper Jr., but I watched him throw a missile like 40 yards,” Forbes recalled with a laugh in a recent phone interview. “I’m like, ‘This boy ain’t playing no basketball.’ ”

Comment

We also offered Christian Kirk.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                    Is he a quarterback too?

Comment

WR for the Cardinals
                      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by cjp27 View Post
                        I’m glad we have a relationship with such a great coach as Bob Richey. The Legend of “Big Bad Bob” continues to grow. He will certainly have a Statue of him at Springfield Massachusetts alongside Dr. James Naismith.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

this deal is forever, isn't it? It will never die
                          We are still getting mileage out of Steve Eck so I'd say yes.
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

We are still getting mileage out of Steve Eck so I'd say yes.
                            Maybe they can be co-head coach?
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                              Yep.

Comment

Working...
                              X