Drew Lock '15 sg 6-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drew Lock '15 sg 6-4

The sharphooter from Lee's Summit has offers from Missouri and Missouri State. Interest from the Shockers, Creighton and Oklahoma. He also has Missouri and Louisville offers for Football.

In the fast lane

My eyes always light up when I read "sharp shooter."

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
      The sharphooter from Lee's Summit has offers from Missouri and Missouri State. Interest from the Shockers, Creighton and Oklahoma. He also has Missouri and Louisville offers for Football.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...KEFV97eenXO5B4
      Well that's just not fair. Mizzou gets TWO head coaches spending time trying to convince Drew to go there. I've never heard a more compelling argument for bringing back football than that.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
        Well that's just not fair. Mizzou gets TWO head coaches spending time trying to convince Drew to go there. I've never heard a more compelling argument for bringing back football than that.
        Absolutely, jd. We saw how much it boosted WSU's basketball program when Marshall and Stephenson both recruited him -- the Shocks have been on a roll ever since. Even made it to the Final Four, with Coy smacking the ball pretty well in the Valley tournament to help the cause. Oh, wait...

Actually, it probably did help WSU with Paul Miller to have two HC's after him -- and once again, one of them was not a football coach.
        Last edited by WSUwatcher; July 8, 2013, 11:20 PM.

Comment

That's a poor argument. We've missed on a couple of players as well because of the football issue. It goes both ways. We may land a few because we don't have it, but we'll definitely miss on some because we don't. It is what it is.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I was just kidding... If he ends up at Mizzou to play basketball the football coach still missed on the recruit. I was just having fun,

Move along folks. Nothing to see here.

Comment

The problem with your point, Sub, is twofold:

1. Even if you get someone because of football, you have to keep him (which is what I was saying with tongue in cheek about Coy), which is hardly automatic. We see, for example, what one-time Shocker recruit Kendall "Quadruple Double" Wright did at Baylor, where he correctly opted for football and is now in the big timre.

2. You have to look not just at the players gained or lost but also at the financial costs and benefits. WSU's been without football for so long that there literally isn't a scholarship athlete of normal age on campus who was even alive when the Shocker football team last took the field. Yet the athletic department, which was nearly broke back then, has never been healthier than it is now, both financially and esthetically (as evidenced by the record-setting all-sports performance this past year).

I'll leave it to you and the Memphis guy to talk football. As for me, I've contributed enough to diverting this thread from its real subject, so I'm finished with anything other than Drew Lock. I was kidding, just as jd was, but I obviously hit a hot button.

Comment

It's not a hot button at all. I thought you, like many do, were trying to simply spin that no football is an absolute benefit to the program. If you were kidding, I missed it. But it's not uncommon for posters on here to try and spin anything and everything to make it sound good. Look at the Cle topic and him not going to the Lebron camp. I don't know or care what his reasons were, but some tried to make it come off as Cle doing it for the team or that going could have hurt the team. Crazy stuff. I was just bringing up the flip side of this potential debate because that's what I do. There are pros and cons in recruiting to not having football. If you were kidding, simply disregard. I knew jd was joking about it but didn't pick that up out of your post.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Oklahoma offers. He might be leaning strongly to Missouri.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Reported offers from WSU, Missouri and Oklahoma. Lock is averaging over 22 points a game this season. He also holds several football offers.

In the fast lane

Comment

Is he any relation to Don Lock who averaged 10.1 ppg as a senior oin 57-58?
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Doubt it. All Lock's family was from Illinois. His parents were the only ones who came to Kansas. Don's grandson recently graduated from Andover. He had a D-1 football offer when he broke his ankle (again) which I assume ended his sports career.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                          Is he any relation to Don Lock who averaged 10.1 ppg as a senior oin 57-58?
                          And went on to play major league baseball with the Washington Senators, Philadelphia Phillies and a short time with the Boston Red Sox. Don hit 27 home runs and drove in 82 in 1963 and 28 home runs driving in 80 in 1964.

Comment

Originally posted by 150946shox View Post
                            And went on to play major league baseball with the Washington Senators, Philadelphia Phillies and a short time with the Boston Red Sox. Don hit 27 home runs and drove in 82 in 1963 and 28 home runs driving in 80 in 1964.
                            I have one or two of his badeball cards.
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

A storyteller of the highest order. I asked him once if he had ever played against Oscar, and he replied, "Played against him? I guarded him!" I said, "how'd ya do?". He answered, "I held the son-of-a-***** to 42!"

Comment

Working...
                              X