Vegas lines for SIU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegas lines for SIU

Tonight's line is Shockers -18.5 to -19.

This seems like a good bet against WSU covering. I think the line probably doesn't really factor in Stutz's back problems and the likelihood he rests a lot of the game.
    Shocker Nation, NYC

If I gambled I'd definitely go with SIU.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Isn't this one of the biggest line's we've had this season? I think it's a little hefty... But I think we can do it if we play like the team we are supposed to be.

Comment

It will be difficult to play like the team we are supposed to if Garrett is a no-go and we aren't the team we are supposed to be.

Comment

That's true, I forgot to account for Garrett. I hope he can still at least put up the numbers he did while injured in the UNI thriller.

Comment

Game-time decision as to whether he suits up.

Comment

without Garrett I'd say Shox by 8-10

Comment

We won by 10 on the road (where we play better) WITH Garrett on the floor. This one could be a REAL close one and no way we cover the spread.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

[QUOTE=ShockerPhi;289930]That's true, I forgot to account for Garrett. I hope he can still at least put up the numbers he did while injured in the UNI thriller.[/QUOTE

He doesn't need to play if he is hurt like that, rest him!
                  I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

Power Rankings / Prediction:
                    The Shockers sit at No. 5 in the current college hoops power poll here at Odds Shark, while the Salukis sit at No. 296 on the same chart. The computers running our scores simulations have concluded that the Shockers will win this game 84-65.

Betting Fun Facts:

Southern Illinois Salukis Trends:

When playing on Saturday are 6-4
                    Before playing Bradley are 7-3
                    After playing Drake are 6-4
                    After a loss are 4-6

Wichita State Shockers Trends:
                    When playing on Saturday are 9-1
                    Before playing Evansville are 7-3
                    After playing Northern Iowa are 3-7
                    After a win are 9-1

Comment

Games with that big a spread are a tough bet. The favorite can have a game well in hand with just a few minutes to go and have the lead squandered by the reserves or at least the dog starts hitting desperation treys. I have no doubt that the Shocks will lead at some point by 20, but the final margin could be much less.

--'85
                      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

I think the Dogs are in big trouble if Stutz is hurt. The last thing they need is to face a focused (and perhaps a little angry) Shocker group.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

If Garrett doesn't play, I think this game will be a lot closer than people think. I would hope that we have Hall at the 5, and give White some court time at the 4. Orukpe will have to relieve Hall at the 5. Wessel could see some time at the 3 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            If I gambled I'd definitely go with SIU.
                            I'm glad that I too am not a betting man (at least on sports).
                            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              I think the Dogs are in big trouble if Stutz is hurt. The last thing they need is to face a focused (and perhaps a little angry) Shocker group.
                              Well, at least one guy got it right -- turns out the Shocks covered in EACH half. Nice call, Aargh. You are tonight's winnah!

Comment

Working...
                              X