Thank You Coach Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Not knocking your opinion at all, but there's one person who did back that coach who knew the whole story, and it was Shaq upon leaving the program 2 years after the incident happened, when he had nothing but complimentary things to say about what that coach did for him as a player and person. So was he lying then (about respecting GGG), or now (that's rhetorical)?
    I think you bring up a legitimate question. My answer would be that he wasn't ready to go there yet (tell the story). He was a popular figure in Wichita and there is definitely a price to pay with the fan base for coming out with the truth. My question back is why would any of the players back his version of what happened, if it didn't? I mean Fred is as respected as any Shocker of that era and it has been reported that he demanded that Marshall apologize for his actions. If we are going to base our beliefs on the character of another player and what has been said or done around this event, his should count as much as anyone's. Throw Ron Baker in as well, with a recent public admission that the event happened ( although saying he wasn't a direct witness). I was a really big Marshall supporter before all this came out, there is just too many players who have said that things did happen for me to deny that they did anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockadaisical View Post

I think you bring up a legitimate question. My answer would be that he wasn't ready to go there yet (tell the story). He was a popular figure in Wichita and there is definitely a price to pay with the fan base for coming out with the truth. My question back is why would any of the players back his version of what happened, if it didn't? I mean Fred is as respected as any Shocker of that era and it has been reported that he demanded that Marshall apologize for his actions. If we are going to base our beliefs on the character of another player and what has been said or done around this event, his should count as much as anyone's. Throw Ron Baker in as well, with a recent public admission that the event happened ( although saying he wasn't a direct witness). I was a really big Marshall supporter before all this came out, there is just too many players who have said that things did happen for me to deny that they did anymore.
      Maybe when Fred is done playing basketball one day he will explain what all he witnessed. You know his agent called him with a quickness when all of this started saying "You're about to make bank, don't make any statements about WSU's investigation".. Did Wetzel make any comments? Just curious, I don't recall hearing much about him since all this started

Comment

Working...
      X