No announcement yet.

Isaac Brown Coaches Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m sure there’s a contract or partnership to keep it going there with AJ’s. One could argue why the contract was signed this year since the university is taking other strict measures during this.

No consistency at all with any of this. $$ is the primary factor.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      I’m sure there’s a contract or partnership to keep it going there with AJ’s. One could argue why the contract was signed this year since the university is taking other strict measures during this.

That makes sense. All $ are needed this year for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Likely a multiple year contract, plus it helps a local business.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Shock, I'm right there with you. I'm sure not quivering in the corner. In fact, I personally don't know anyone who is. The point of my original post was simple. Take Mike Kennedy for instance. He misses his first broadcast in 1,319 due to a frickin close contact. He's not sick but still at home and missing the games. It takes one idiot to come cruising thru AJ's and there as the potential of a close contact and IHCIB sitting out for 2 frickin weeks. Or the players. It's not like he takes questions from the crowd. The show could just as easily be from his office.

I sure as sh1t hope this isn't our new normal; but it is what it is. We need to do what we can until this crap is gone.
          I was more lamenting that the mentality was spreading to the rational right, not your fault at all.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

What’s the difference between AJs and any other place with four walls and a roof?

there is a huge effort to suppress private business and the mentality that stuff like this shouldn’t happen is spreading. As someone that lives where life is still normal and mask use outside of clinics get a double take, it is disheartening to see the shift of thinking down in America. People are getting caught up in what is being pushed as the new normal and something as simple as two people setting up a remote broadcast from a corner booth at a bar is now being questioned.

what have we become...
            God forbid we try to take care of each other. What a disgusting notion.

But hey, guy living in bum **** Alaska (not a part of America apparently) says don’t worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

But hey, guy living in bum **** Alaska (not a part of America apparently) says don’t worry about it.
              Not what I’m saying, but ironically enough you proved my point.

Comment

what have we become...
                Educated.

Comment

Shock, I'm right there with you. I'm sure not quivering in the corner. In fact, I personally don't know anyone who is.
                  An unfortunate attitude considering your recent experiences and good fortune w/ your father. I guess the apple does fall far from the tree in some cases. Maybe we just figured out how he got infected despite his careful behavior...

Comment

Not what I’m saying, but ironically enough you proved my point.
                    Sounds like you don’t have to worry about anything up there in the country of Alaska. No Covid or Covid restrictions. I don’t sweat over the comings and goings of European nations.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Woke.
                      FTFY.

Comment

Why are we still doing the show at a bar?
                        To answer your original question: your guess is as good as mine. To have our head coach sitting in a low-ventilation building w/ a room full of Covid deniers to do a radio show is not strategic thinking to put it mildly. We broke 300,000 new daily cases and 4,000 daily deaths last week w/ January forecasted to be the worst month of the pandemic in America thus far... do the math.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

To hell with a persons job. They should take care of us. I don’t want you to take care of me.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

To answer your original question: your guess is as good as mine. To have our head coach sitting in a low-ventilation building w/ a room full of Covid deniers to do a radio show is not strategic thinking to put it mildly. We broke 300,000 new daily cases and 4,000 daily deaths last week w/ January forecasted to be the worst month of the pandemic in America thus far... do the math.
                            Have you heard of 6’ distancing? That’s the CDC’s most important recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Have you heard of 6’ distancing? That’s the CDC’s most important recommendation.
                              I've educated you better than that Shockm. If you'd like a refresher course in the appropriate thread, I will be happy to explain to you again the dynamics of airborne transmission as it pertains to Covid-19.

Comment

I think this is diverging from the coaches show to what should be down in the political subgroup

Comment

Working...
                                X