No announcement yet.

Isaac Brown Coaches Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kennedy is doing him a favor. Don't expect him to stay around.

If you want a Kennedy on the bench, Don Kennedy is always an option. He was once a favorite amongst fans to get the Arkansas coaching job a number of years ago.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Doesn’t look like they’ve updated the link with either of the most recent coaches shows. The last one I see is 12/28. Anyone else been able to find the newer shows?

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Kennedy is doing him a favor. Don't expect him to stay around.

If you want a Kennedy on the bench, Don Kennedy is always an option. He was once a favorite amongst fans to get the Arkansas coaching job a number of years ago.

Kennedy doesn't have to be on the Shocker bench to do Brown a favor. That's why they're called contacts.

Are the Razorbacks still in the Southwest Conference? Haven't followed them in looong time.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
          If Brown's the one that got Kennedy on board that is saying a lot.

Between the 3 of them (plus Waterman, who still remains) they certainly have important contacts of benefit to D1 basketball (i.e. recruiting).
          Kennedy has good history with Brown and Boatright. Not sure this move happens in any other situation.

Flip side to that coin- if Lou was named iHC, does Kennedy still come?

The unknown is what has me uneasy about continuing after this year with iHCIB. I’m not so sure we aren’t seeing a mirage in regards to what IB can do long term.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Kennedy has good history with Brown and Boatright. Not sure this move happens in any other situation.

Flip side to that coin- if Lou was named iHC, does Kennedy still come?

The unknown is what has me uneasy about continuing after this year with iHCIB. I’m not so sure we aren’t seeing a mirage in regards to what IB can do long term.
            Let's say, per chance, we don't get Jans, Matta or Beilein (I know, but that could happen); who would WSU turn to next? Wardle? Manning? Maybe some assistant from Syracuse? Juco Coach? Montverde's Head Coach?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Let's say, per chance, we don't get Jans, Matta or Beilein (I know, but that could happen); who would WSU turn to next? Wardle? Manning? Maybe some assistant from Syracuse? Juco Coach? Montverde's Head Coach?
              I think IB has to be in the discussion from the beginning with Jans. Matta and Beilein are not real options. I think other coaches in the first wave of calls are Wes Miller, Mike Rhoades, Steve Prohm, and maybe Dana Altman. If all of those pass, you chose from Adrian Griffin, IB, and whoever else submits a resume.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

I think IB has to be in the discussion from the beginning with Jans. Matta and Beilein are not real options. I think other coaches in the first wave of calls are Wes Miller, Mike Rhoades, Steve Prohm, and maybe Dana Altman. If all of those pass, you chose from Adrian Griffin, IB, and whoever else submits a resume.
                From the way it went around and they way the 'response' was worded, I disagree that Matta is not an option. There was a lot of smoke there, and even the denial was very specifically worded. He said he wasn't interested in taking the job "for this season" back in November.

Whether an agreement is possible or even if he's the right option is a different question, but I do think there is something there.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

From the way it went around and they way the 'response' was worded, I disagree that Matta is not an option. There was a lot of smoke there, and even the denial was very specifically worded. He said he wasn't interested in taking the job "for this season" back in November.

Whether an agreement is possible or even if he's the right option is a different question, but I do think there is something there.
                  If that’s the case then he is also a tier one coach, and probably the second call.

Comment

There might be a lot more attractive options than IB but he also might end up being the chick who keeps talking about band camp.

Comment

• I want the 3 I mentioned prior. Who wouldn't?

BUT if we don't get any of those 3 I hope the coach who is hired has the Shocks playing next year like they are playing now (with the same roster) under Coach Brown.

Call me an optimist, but I do not believe they've played their best ball yet, but they will.
                      Last edited by ShockingButTrue; January 19, 2021, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                        I want the 3 I mentioned prior. Who wouldn't?

BUT if we don't get any of those 3 I hope the coach who is hired has the Shocks playing next year like they are playing now (with the same roster) under Coach Brown.

Call me an optimist, but I do not believe they've played their best ball yet, but they will.
                        I don’t think we are far apart on this at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

What makes this difficult is we don’t know if we are seeing IB’s influence or another coach’s. And if you ask what the difference would be, do you think IB would pull assistants of their caliber on his own. Billy Kennedy is an anomaly. Would he pull a Lou Gudino from a WAC or MVC school? Would he pump out head coaches?
                          I agree. I'm not totally sold yet but I'm swaying toward the purchase. Still has off court stuff to prove before finalizing the sale.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                            Doesn’t look like they’ve updated the link with either of the most recent coaches shows. The last one I see is 12/28. Anyone else been able to find the newer shows?
                            I haven't been able to and don't have any idea where to look. I've even tried different combinations of what I thought the address would be.

Comment

• not much there on last night's show, except i think Kennedy's voice is getting softer and softer....

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                                not much there on last night's show, except i think Kennedy's voice is getting softer and softer....
                                Please delete your post. Cold will see it and say its covid related and he will post 23 articles and 15 graphs.

Comment

Working...
                                X