Best of All Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    Along this general topic, Taylor E did his All-Decades teams a month or two ago. For the 2010s team, he did not put Tekele Cotton in the starting lineup, which seems ludicrous at first glance. WuDrWu asked me how someone could exclude Tekele. I answered, "Well, which future NBA guy are you going to kick out of his starting lineup then, Ron or Landry?" Doc quickly understood the rationale.
    While I'm not going to disagree, I do believe TC was "that glue guy" and much of what he provided wasn't in the stats (except minutes played). There was a reason he won 122 games in his career at WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockAzs View Post
      I was killing some time talking to the younger generations about NBA basketball (which I am sort of one too, I grew up in the 80's.). And I was having my friends put together the most offensively talented starting 5 of ALL TIME. So, what is the most offensively talented Shocker team of all time?

PG FVV "Fresh Van Fleet" "Steady Freddy"; Bobby Wilson;

SG Landry Shamet
      SF Xavier McDaniel "the X Man"; Cleanthony Early; Cheese Johnson;.

PF Antoine Carr "Dr. Dunkenstein";

C Dave "the Rave" Stallworth
      Your list is pretty descent, but I'd put cliff levingston over cle for sure and Aubry definitely deserved mention with Landry if not above.

Comment

Ross McBurney; just sayin’...

I have to admire the dogged determination of WstateU to keep the legacy of Ross McBurney alive and kicking. Hard to know how serious one our all-time great Shockernet humorists is about his Ross McBurney crusade so I thought I would start a discussion to see what everyone thinks plus it gives me a chance to educate myself a
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Greg Carney could fill up a scoreboard.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Greg Carney could fill up a scoreboard.
            Good call Kung Wu . I'll mention someone who also no one has mention. Maurice Evans!

Yep, he was only here 2 years, but in his sophomore year, he averaged 22.6 ppg, the same as Stallworth did his sophomore year.

He had 1,007 points in his freshman and sophomore years here, played in 59 games and 1664 minutes.
            Early had 1,135 points in his junior and senior years, played in 75 games and 1966 minutes.

Maurice did this playing with Jason Perez in his sophomore and junior years, who also was a double digit scorer.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Good call Kung Wu . I'll mention someone who also no one has mention. Maurice Evans!

Yep, he was only here 2 years, but in his sophomore year, he averaged 22.6 ppg, the same as Stallworth did his sophomore year.

He had 1,007 points in his freshman and sophomore years here, played in 59 games and 1664 minutes.
              Early had 1,135 points in his junior and senior years, played in 75 games and 1966 minutes.

Maurice did this playing with Jason Perez in his sophomore and junior years, who also was a double digit scorer.
              Yeah I almost brought up Evans, but he didn't have the same success at Texas, so I was iffy. Jason Perez ... dang what could have been had he played under Marshall with a big time cast around him.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Yeah I almost brought up Evans, but he didn't have the same success at Texas, so I was iffy. Jason Perez ... dang what could have been had he played under Marshall with a big time cast around him.
                Yea, but Evans was playing games in the Big 12 (15.6 ppg), not the Valley. He also made himself an 8 year career in the NBA, regular player or not.

Comment

We need more PG's and centers for the list.

Comment

I think I would much rather have Xavier McDaniel at Center and Stallworth at the 3 or 4 position, But both certainly deserve to be on the 1st team.

Comment

X man nor Dave Stallworth are centers. Dave was a good outside shooter, could play 2,3 or 4. WSU has had some great players but have never seen one as good as Dave the Rave. He had a a good NBA career & a ring but would have been even better if not for his medical problems early in his NBA career.

Comment

Antoine played some center in the NBA, I think he can man the post on the ALL WSU team. X at 3, Dave at 4. Landry and FVV are the guards, both can shoot and handle the ball.

Comment

Cleo Littleton anyone?
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by wichita View Post
                            X man nor Dave Stallworth are centers. Dave was a good outside shooter, could play 2,3 or 4. WSU has had some great players but have never seen one as good as Dave the Rave. He had a a good NBA career & a ring but would have been even better if not for his medical problems early in his NBA career.
                            I'd think more than twice about driving to the rim with Xman guarding it! LOL!
                            Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              Antoine played some center in the NBA, I think he can man the post on the ALL WSU team. X at 3, Dave at 4. Landry and FVV are the guards, both can shoot and handle the ball.
                              I’ll agree with that 5 but subbing Warren Armstrong. for Landry. Come on man! The guy is still getting overlooked.

And for Most Fun Player to Watch Ever: Cheese

When cheese had the ball he could score with 5 players guarding him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                                Cleo Littleton anyone?
                                I would rank Cleo as my most favorite BB players of ALL Time. But even then, at 6-3, he was out of position. He should have been a guard, but never really developed those skills as he played Forward and Center in HS, and even some Center for the Shockers. He had a great Hook Shot. Would have to play at the 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X