No announcement yet.

Matt B suffers another concussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MB---I too hope you get well soon and always will wish you the very best in everything you do.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Would a doctor let him play again if that was indeed #3?

Comment

According to Kansas.com both Brauer and Ramon Clemente are out indefinitely. Brauer with the concussion and Clemente with a broken finger. Things really are starting to look pretty bleak.

Comment

I knew Matt was mostly likely done when the big guy from Drake fell on him. The reason I have been against guys like Matt from the start is nothing more than their limitation of size. Matt has heart and smarts, but lacks the most important basic asset, size. I've never been the kind of person that roots for the "little" guy, maybe that is because I am not little... You can't have a 5'9, 150lb point guard and not expect him to go down. I cringe every time Matt flies to the hole and gets knocked to the ground. It looks like I can stop cringing because he is most likely done.

Thanks Matt for your contributions and now you need to start spending your evenings in Gal's and Wendell's room getting them up to speed or we are in for a world of hurt.

With Matt's leadership gone we could challenge Turgeon's first season for losses.

No positive spin here folks, sorry, this is going to get brutal!

T

...8)

Comment

Time for him to get an early start on his coaching career...Can't aspire to climb the coaching ranks if you're left punch drunk. He seriously needs to think about his future wellbeing.

Comment

This has got to be the end. I just can't see his parents, the coaches, or the doctors allowing him to continue on with possibly ruining his life.

I've appreciated everything he's done for WSU, but enough's enough Matt. Take you head and let it heal and use it to help others with the game you love from here on out.

Comment

Originally posted by benishock
                Hate to say it, but I'd rather not see him play again also. This young man has most of his life in front of him and suffering permanent brain damage in a college basketball game isn't worth it.
                I would leave this up to the doctors but he has a strong future as a coach if he doesn't get messed up. This entire topic came up between the seasons (March-August) with people arguing that Matt probably would or would not be able to finish his senior year. It is still up in the air but I don't think anyone wants Matt to risk his health by playing if this is contrary to the best medical advice.
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

No one wants to see Matt do any long-term damage. He is a bright young man so I would expect that he and his parents will give Matt's future a lot of thought.

It is not so much this concussion, as it was diagnosed as a mild concussion, but it is the fact that it is concussion #4 and maybe even more importantly, the style of play Matt brings to the floor combined with his dimunutive size place him at a much higher risk of future injury.

In any case, I hope Matt make a quick and full recovery and whatever decision he and his family make about his future will be one that I will support.

Comment

Several National Football League players (notably, quarterbacks Troy Aikman and Steve Young) retired after suffering several concussions during their careers. Multiple concussions suffered over a period of months or years increases the risk of permanent brain damage and post-concussion syndrome, in which neurological or cognitive problems become chronic. Even mild concussions occurring within hours, days or weeks of each other can result in "second impact syndrome," which can be fatal. As a result, coaches and trainers are showing an increased sensitivity to the effects of concussions on their players.
                    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Re: Matt B suffers another concussion

Originally posted by SB Shock
                      Channel 12 reporting that Matt B was taken to the emergency room after the game for concussion. Is reported day to day. Not good, not good at all.
                      It also stated he woke and thought he was Tyrone Shoelace and murmurred something about crossover dribbling. :D 8) 8)

Seriously Matt take care of youself!
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I wish Matt nothing but the best.

After Matt's concussion last year I was ready for him to move to the bench and begin his coaching career. I don't care how much we might need Matt this year. I don't care how badly he wants to get back out on the court (21-year-old guys usually think they're invulnerable). I don't want to cringe every time Matt moves into traffic with the ball in future games.

If Matt wants to be a coach, he needs a sharp mind and the ability to react to changing situations. I don't want to see him risk his future. I'd sooner see WSU go 0-18 in league play than see a player risk his ability to pursue his chosen career to put some extra W's in the record books.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                          I say play Brett Michaels. He seems pretty sharp, handles the ball pretty good, is almost as fast as Matt, and is a PG. Didn't Brett come from Sunrise Academy, where that Egor, the Russian, is now?
                          Yeah. Bret came from SCA, where the Russian is. I went to high school with him...
                          Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                          Students > Alumni
                          If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                          The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Working...
                          X