No announcement yet.

Gameplan change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've thought Griskenas has looked really good inside the paint, but can't do crap from outside.

Comment

And who has been GOOD from the outside?

Mantas has improved his play over the last 4 games but he is still struggling with "getting" the system and he really lacks confidence. That being said, he is starting to show flashes of the player he really is.

I'd love to see him play with confidence and reckless abandonment for a change.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Don't worry. I hear Ehimen will be here by the end of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          And who has been GOOD from the outside?

Mantas has improved his play over the last 4 games but he is still struggling with "getting" the system and he really lacks confidence. That being said, he is starting to show flashes of the player he really is.

I'd love to see him play with confidence and reckless abandonment for a change.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu: :posterwsu:
          Yes, you right about Mantas.

The air ball 3 last night was not encouraging, but I like his play around the basket. He is quick and athletic. He does a nice job in there.

If he got the 3 going like Coach Marshall has stated on a number on occasions, he just might relieve the 3 ball pressure on the other shooters. Most all 3 shots look tentative.

Comment

I am starting to get riled up now AND I'm low on my nitro pills. Not a good combination.

I'll be the first one to admit my many faults in this life. If you have a few weeks to spare, I'll be happy to list them for anyone that wants to listen.

I also understand a lack of confidence. But I do not get a lack of confidence across the board that we have this season. This is not meant to be critical of the previous staff, but Mark has a very short leash and if you caught yourself looking over at the bench after the slightest mistake, you had every reason to be nervous.

There is no real reason for that feeling with Gregg. Yes, his expectations are high but more so in the effort department. He wants people to shoot the ball.

Comment

I don't know why but we seem to be shooting worse than last year. At some point, the coaching staff has to take responsibility for this; I don't think we are near that point yet because people are still learning the system and getting in better shape but I expect shooting percentages to go back to each player's "natural" shooting percentage. Matt is shooting better than last year.
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

It could be that WSU is shooting worse this year because Ogirri and Wilson are gone.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                  It could be that WSU is shooting worse this year because Ogirri and Wilson are gone.
                  I'm only considering Gal, PJ, Matt, Phil and Wendell.
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

this may be a long shot but here I go.

Increasing Defensive assignments may lead to offensive woes. I think HCGM wants to recruit players who can play on both ends of the floor. The players we have are for the most part, players who are known for having offensive skills. I think this increase in defense may have to led to tired legs and some of this players are just not motivated on offense anymore. Plus, under MT, we use to try to match teams point for point or try to outscore our opponents. I think the current players CAN NOT play both defense and offense. It is just one or the other. Coach stressed defense, thus meaning that something has to give.
                    ________
                    SUZUKI GV1400 CAVALCADE SPECIFICATIONS
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

That's a good point. Rigorous Defense will fatigue a team earlier, or just make them where they have to hold on, and it may be just enough to put players 'off-kilter' on their shooting on Offense.

Part of this might be blamed on not being deep enough, and players playing hard for long periods of time, with not enough rest, for them to finish the game the way they started it.

Comment

I didn't get to listen to the game on Saturday (family commitment) but my gut tells me that some of you people are overreacting a bit. I have said before that this team will probably be inconsistent for the foreseeable future and unfortunately they are proving me correct.

Everyone says "pound the ball inside" but that is easier said than done. The team does not have a true center and will undersized at the 4 and 5 against most teams. Furthermore, the team has shown it cannot shoot consistently so teams should (and will) cheat to the inside – they will flood it with players and cut off the passing lanes. Despite all of this, in my opinion, PT, Clemente, JTD and even MG are doing a good job down there. Pretty good D down low and they rebound the ball well.

I still cannot believe that this team, collectively, is this bad of an offensive team. Someone out of MB, Mekel, JD and GM should be able to knock down a few shots. PJ is just not a good shooter and never has been – kind of a clutch shooter but has never been a consistent threat. I don't know how to fix the problem: Maybe hypnotize them: "Bad shooting is a disease, like syphilis……" and I forget the rest.

Comment

Drake Game:

Paint: 18-32 for 56.3% (Missed layups - I don't remember.)

Three Line: 3-21 for 14.3%

Before anyone says anything, I realize the Shockers will face packed in defenses, if they cannot effectively shoot the 3.

Comment

Do you think CGM comes in every morning, and asks his assistants if he wants to know what they are saying on Shockernet or not? ;-)

We could be a good source of humor for them ..... or NOT!

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                              I don't know why but we seem to be shooting worse than last year. At some point, the coaching staff has to take responsibility for this;

Why does the coaching staff have to take responsibility? They don't shoot the ball, they don't practice shots jumpers, they can only run practice. If you've ever attended a WSU practice, you'd see that they practice jumpers for over half the practice. The Coaching staff is doing all they can to help the guys shoot better, at some point the players need to take responsibility and get in the gym for some extra work. Especially on Free Throws.
                              "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                              -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
                                Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                                I don't know why but we seem to be shooting worse than last year. At some point, the coaching staff has to take responsibility for this;

Why does the coaching staff have to take responsibility? They don't shoot the ball, they don't practice shots jumpers, they can only run practice. If you've ever attended a WSU practice, you'd see that they practice jumpers for over half the practice. The Coaching staff is doing all they can to help the guys shoot better, at some point the players need to take responsibility and get in the gym for some extra work. Especially on Free Throws.
                                Marshall has commented numerous times that plenty of shots fall in practice, and FT's have never been a problem... AT PRACTICE.

I hate to use the word "choke", so I'll just say they are "tight" when the lights are on.
                                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                                -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                                X