Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gameplan change

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gameplan change

    After listening to coach gm after every game on 1330, it seems like he just keeps sayin the same thing. We need to shoot the ball better. All we do is take 3's, and most of them are pretty good shots. But we dont have a shooter, so we rarely make one. I would think by now that we could change our gameplan a little bit. We could start phil and ramon like always, and when those 2 are in the game we could try to go in the paint a lot more. I also noticed that when we DO get in the paint we NEVER kick it out for a wide open 3. Any thoughts?
    "Say it slowly and savor it..."
    Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

  • #2
    Yeah, I guess you are right, the kick-out that we saw so much in previous years, is no longer in vogue. We took a buncha bad shots last night imo.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Gameplan change

      Originally posted by wsushockerdude
      After listening to coach gm after every game on 1330, it seems like he just keeps sayin the same thing. We need to shoot the ball better. All we do is take 3's, and most of them are pretty good shots. But we dont have a shooter, so we rarely make one. I would think by now that we could change our gameplan a little bit. We could start phil and ramon like always, and when those 2 are in the game we could try to go in the paint a lot more. I also noticed that when we DO get in the paint we NEVER kick it out for a wide open 3. Any thoughts?
      Yes. Stop criticizing Coach Marshall and focus on Coach Turgeon for recruiting all of those bad shooters like Griskenas, Clemente and Ellis.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Gameplan change

        Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
        Originally posted by wsushockerdude
        After listening to coach gm after every game on 1330, it seems like he just keeps sayin the same thing. We need to shoot the ball better. All we do is take 3's, and most of them are pretty good shots. But we dont have a shooter, so we rarely make one. I would think by now that we could change our gameplan a little bit. We could start phil and ramon like always, and when those 2 are in the game we could try to go in the paint a lot more. I also noticed that when we DO get in the paint we NEVER kick it out for a wide open 3. Any thoughts?
        Yes. Stop criticizing Coach Marshall and focus on Coach Turgeon for recruiting all of those bad shooters like Griskenas, Clemente and Ellis.
        Well Marshall did the best he could with the hand that Turgeon left him and being that Turgeon bolted so late he got the best recruits he could on short notice. Can't blame the guy, you are right.

        I can play that game too.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

        Comment


        • #5
          No. 1, I would play Brett Richards or Lance Harris instead of Preadom, they both can shoot. Richards is almost as fast as Matt.

          No. 2, I would put Butler in at the 4, tell him to stay no more than 1 step away from the basket, block all shots, and dunk everything in sight. I would at least give him a shot, I mean how much worse could it get?

          No. 3, I would put PJ back as 3 where he is much more effiective.

          No. 4, I would let Durley relieve PJ at the 3. He, at least can shoot.

          No. 5, Run Gris, Phil, Ellis, and Butler at the 4/5 position.

          How's that for mixing things up??? :rofl:

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Snapshot9
            No. 1, I would play Brett Richards or Lance Harris instead of Preadom, they both can shoot. Richards is almost as fast as Matt.

            No. 2, I would put Butler in at the 4, tell him to stay no more than 1 step away from the basket, block all shots, and dunk everything in sight. I would at least give him a shot, I mean how much worse could it get?

            No. 3, I would put PJ back as 3 where he is much more effiective.

            No. 4, I would let Durley relieve PJ at the 3. He, at least can shoot.

            No. 5, Run Gris, Phil, Ellis, and Butler at the 4/5 position.

            How's that for mixing things up??? :rofl:
            I think you meant Brett Michaels? Not Richards....
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

            Comment


            • #7
              Shockerdude, I'm confused. First you said "All we do is take 3's, and most of them are pretty good shots. But we dont have a shooter, so we rarely make one."

              Then you said "I also noticed that when we DO get in the paint we NEVER kick it out for a wide open 3."

              What do you want? Shoot from outside? don't shoot from outside? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?

              Just having some fun with you shockerdude. I think I see what your saying. Just keep pounding it inside until the outside shot is so wide open and the outside shooters are so completely relaxed, they can't miss? I don't know dude. Sounds kind of risky to me.
              "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

              Comment


              • #8
                HCGM basically sounded like a guy that was saying "im doing what I can with what I have been givin" ...

                The recipe to beat WSU is pretty simple... force us to keep the ball outside the paint and make us shoot ourselves to a loss. I understand JT is a D liability but we need to get some offense on the floor and he is our best bet. At the very least he should be seeing more time than Mantas who so far is just a complete flop.

                Next year we are going to have some shooters but this year im afraid we are just a poor shooting team and we will need the D to win most games. I don't believe DU is THAT good either... I think they finish top 5 this year but if they can shut us down like that at home it's going to be a long year of conference play for WSU.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Problem is even when they do get the ball inside with open looks they can't even put the ball in. So what do you do?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Gameplan change

                    Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                    Originally posted by wsushockerdude
                    After listening to coach gm after every game on 1330, it seems like he just keeps sayin the same thing. We need to shoot the ball better. All we do is take 3's, and most of them are pretty good shots. But we dont have a shooter, so we rarely make one. I would think by now that we could change our gameplan a little bit. We could start phil and ramon like always, and when those 2 are in the game we could try to go in the paint a lot more. I also noticed that when we DO get in the paint we NEVER kick it out for a wide open 3. Any thoughts?
                    Yes. Stop criticizing Coach Marshall and focus on Coach Turgeon for recruiting all of those bad shooters like Griskenas, Clemente and Ellis.
                    Except Turgeon didn't recruit Griskenas or Ellis. Those were both Marshall's last second recruits. Not saying Marshall did a bad job recruiting or anything, he just didn't have a lot of time to get much.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      So we're changing our game plan after one loss? Nobody thought it was a bad one after we beat LSU and UAB. There is no reason to mix things so drastically after one loss. So we missed a bunch of 3's again but you have to take them to make them. We also missed a bunch of FTs and committed 14 turnovers with only 14 assists. Those mishaps are something a game plan change can't fix. Players just have to play better.
                      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                      -- Yogi Berra

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think I heard Turg saying this year - "well, I'm doing the best with what I was given - how do you expect me to do what I want when I didn't recruit these guys??!!!!"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ShauXTyme
                          I think I heard Turg saying this year - "well, I'm doing the best with what I was given - how do you expect me to do what I want when I didn't recruit these guys??!!!!"
                          Who cares what Turg says?! He's not the WSU coach anymore! Quit talking about him! I really don't care if this was meant to be a joke, I'm really getting tired of all the Turg references. :-x
                          "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                          -- Yogi Berra

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SB Shock
                            Problem is even when they do get the ball inside with open looks they can't even put the ball in. So what do you do?
                            31 Durley, JT.......... 6-8 1-2 0-2

                            31 Durley, JT 12 0 104 8.7 ppg 41-89 .461 8-27 .296 (3Pt)
                            Some posts are not visible to me.
                            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                              Originally posted by SB Shock
                              Problem is even when they do get the ball inside with open looks they can't even put the ball in. So what do you do?
                              31 Durley, JT.......... 6-8 1-2 0-2

                              31 Durley, JT 12 0 104 8.7 ppg 41-89 .461 8-27 .296 (3Pt)
                              I hear you and I hope whatever holding him back can get resolved, but Shockers got to have more from:

                              PJ (3-8 )
                              PT (3-7)
                              Ellis (0-2)
                              Preadom (0-1)
                              MG (2-5)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X