MVC Tournament Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC Tournament Tickets

What is the best strategy for securing decent tournament tickets?

1. Buy in advance through WSU?

2. Buy in advance through Scottrade Center?

3. Wait and buy at the gate?

1. or 3.

I always choose 1.

Of course I have a bucket full of priority points... that does make a difference. If you want to sit lower, select option 3.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Know someone that has a BOAT load of priority points or knows someone thats not going that has a boat load of priority points.

Comment

You forgot buy from a scalper.

Comment

we generally buy from scalpers, just make sure that the tickets that they sell you are:

1) all for the same session
          2) all in the same section/row

they'll try anything to sell some tickets to some suckas.

Comment

Originally posted by InWuWeTrust View Post
            we generally buy from scalpers, just make sure that the tickets that they sell you are:

1) all for the same session
            2) all in the same section/row

they'll try anything to sell some tickets to some suckas.
            Any risk of getting a counterfeit ticket?

Comment

im sure the MVC will give us a crappy section again this year
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Any risk of getting a counterfeit ticket?

i've never had an issue... not to say it couldn't happen, but i don't think that the guys hocking tickets are that sophisticated.

Comment

There are also lots of coupons in the St. Louis area. It seems like Subway had a lot of good promotions last year. Folks also sell tickets and even suites on stub hub and Craigslist.

I've grown tired of haggling with scalpers. You can also pick up tickets from other MVC fans' whose teams have lost.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I think I will wait and buy individual session tickets at the venue. I like (and this year need) having the flexibility of picking and choosing the sessions I want to attend. More importantly if the Shocks were to get knocked out on Friday or Saturday I probably will be so disappointed that I really wouldn't be interested in sitting through anymore games. Plus there is always the chance I will have to cancel my plans at the last minute.

The ticket office did not know what sections the tickets that are ordered through them would be in. Do they move the Shocker fan base around quite a bit or do they generally put you them in the same place year-to-year. If in the same place what section(s) would that be?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Thanks for the input. I think I will wait and buy individual session tickets at the venue. I like (and this year need) having the flexibility of picking and choosing the sessions I want to attend. More importantly if the Shocks were to get knocked out on Friday or Saturday I probably will be so disappointed that I really wouldn't be interested in sitting through anymore games. Plus there is always the chance I will have to cancel my plans at the last minute.

The ticket office did not know what sections the tickets that are ordered through them would be in. Do they move the Shocker fan base around quite a bit or do they generally put you them in the same place year-to-year. If in the same place what section(s) would that be?
                      For the majority of the years I've been going (9 years this year) the Shox get Sections 124-126 and 101-102. These are in one of the corners of the arena. Not bad seats.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                        im sure the MVC will give us a crappy section again this year

We've had one of the better sections the last 6 or 7 years... At least the last 5 years in a row my seats have been around row 13-20 near center court through WSU

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                          Know someone that has a BOAT load of priority points or knows someone thats not going that has a boat load of priority points.
                          Do you get priority points for next year's SASO total for buying MVC Tournament tickets thru WSU?
                          If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
                            Do you get priority points for next year's SASO total for buying MVC Tournament tickets thru WSU?
                            I'm going to guess no....I went to the tourney last year and bought my tickets through the WSU office. This year when i went to purchase tickets they didnt even have me in the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by dTm View Post
                              I'm going to guess no....I went to the tourney last year and bought my tickets through the WSU office. This year when i went to purchase tickets they didnt even have me in the computer.
                              Are you a season ticket holder in any sport? If so, you should have an account.

Comment

Working...
                              X