WSU @ SIU PREGAME PREDICTIONS AND THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU @ SIU PREGAME PREDICTIONS AND THREAD

Not quite sure what has come over the Salukis in their past two games but they seemed to have played very well and this may not be as easy as many of us thought a couple of weeks ago.

They hammered Illinois State 86-71 in Carbondale on New Year's Day and then took care of Bradley 74-65 in Peoria last night. If it was just the Bradley game I might not think too much of it, but paired with the ILS game they have obviously stepped it up in the New Year.

In the ILS game SIU shot 50.8% from field including 8-17 (47.1%) on treys. They outrebounded ILS 40-26 and had 13 assists to only 8 turnovers. Very efficient numbers. They were lead by two freshman, 6'9" 200 lb Treg Setty who scored 20 points and garnered 7 rebounds and 6'2" 180 lb Josh Swan who chipped in 15 points (on 6-8 FG) and also collected 7 rebounds. Always tough Senior Mamadou Seck (6'7" 220 lb) had an off night shooting but did grab 9 rebounds.

In the Bradley game SIU shot 57.4% from the field including 4-9 (44.1%) on treys. They had 20 assists to only 10 turnovers. Seck lead the way with 15 points and 11 rebounds followed by 6'9" 225 lb So. Davante Drinkered with 12 points (on 6-7 FG) and 5 rebounds and 5'10" 170 lb Jr Kendal Brown-Surles with 12 points (3-5 on treys). Bradley did outrebound the Salukis 31-28.

One weakness exhibited in these two games was free throw shooting at 58.5% (24-41). On the season the Salukis shoot 67.8% from the line. Had they made their free throws these last two wins would have been even more impressive.

Have the Salukis figured it out. Maybe. We will see, but hopefully they will have the Shocks full attention on Saturday.

:poster_shocks:
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 5, 2012, 03:59 PM.

Shox 78
    Is that thing a dog? 59
    "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

Shox - 76

Uglies - 64
      Last edited by SubGod22; January 5, 2012, 05:00 PM.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Shockers - 70
        Salukis - 62

Comment

SIU in overtime by 2.

Shox gain moral victory when they overcome SIU in tough home rematch.

Comment

SIU definitely has some talent and I think they are a bit more athletic than Evansville. This game scares me a little but here's my prediction.

WSU 74
            SIU 68
            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

I'll take the ugliest of 1 point wins!

Comment

Carl "The Beast" Hall shuts down Seck and shockers win easily 76-62

Comment

Here's the deal. Will the game be called close on all of the hacking that will be for sure to happen? If so, I like our chances. However, if they can bump, grind, push, and get away with it, the game will be nearly as close as the last game. Now it is Hall's turn to tear them up inside. Go inside Shox, then out. Give me a ugly win and I am finer than a frog hair.. But WIN!!!!!!!

Shox-- 71

Opponents--the names mean nothing. We have to beat them all and sweep this team---63
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Shox - 68
                    Dawgs - 61
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

For my wife.....

Team Wu -- 80
                      Team Jacob -- 64

Comment

WSU 79 SIU 71

Comment

64 to 61 another close one. The Ugly dawgs are getting better but Da Shoxs win.
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Shockers - 69
                            Salukis - 61

If we lose this one, this season will be a major disappointment. I hope the Shocks play much better than they have been.

Comment

I hope members of our team remember the last time we played SIU..
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X