2020-21 season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020-21 season?

Will they play NCAA basketball and if so, how?

I don't want to do a poll. Sue me. If games are going to be played, there is a rubric's cube of options.

I don't see anyway we have any normal game sequence.

To me, the reality is either no season, or some combo of the options below.

1. No season
    2. Some non-conference games with limited fan attendance
    3.Conf games only
    4. Conf games only in a "bubble"
    5. Conf games only in a bubble in different locations every week/two weeks
    6. No fans
    7. Limited fans

If there aren't fans, I don't see buy-games. I can see no-fan games if the TV audience would create revenue.

As of today, I think there is a 50% chance of some games in some way. And that's all I have to say about that.

There is zero chance of normal. 50% chance of a partial season, sorta, kinda, maybe; yeah that's prolly a bit high..

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      There is zero chance of normal. 50% chance of a partial season, sorta, kinda, maybe; yeah that's prolly a bit high..
      health-beauty-therapist-therapy-shrinks-psychiatrists-psychologist-rron2089_low.jpg

Comment

I had seen somewhere on Twitter, I think, that if fans are not the stands, the guarantee games (if they even happen) might only pay out travel expenses for the visiting team.
        78-65

Comment

I've already been less impressed watching MLB last night without any fans.

Without any fans in any of these sports, it's just not as "fun" to watch. Believe me, I'll still be watching WSU if they do play, but clearly doesn't have the same "umph" factor. Can't imagine how it will impact the players playing. That's a major part of the experience and advantages.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

President Golden has to be really battling an internal struggle considering his stance on the "student experience".

Comment

I have been watching less and less as the years have gone on, except for a team, I'm invested in anyway. I'm not keeping up with the players stats like i used to so I'm not sure who the stars are, except for the teams I'm invested in. That's pretty much true for each sport. The fans in the arena or stadium won't make that much of a difference to me. However, the cutout fans in the seats bring a little levity and humor to the situation. I'm sure the paper cutout fans are placed there in the seats behind home plate for the television watching fan's benefit.

Comment

Just read on Wichita Eagle news site that WSU is exploring a lot of options for fans this season. All preliminary. Options include: Koch Arena limited to 20-50% capacity. Or even moving games to Intrust because it would give more fans the opportunity to see. And they should have Cvid tests back today on all student athletes who have returned. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Comment

If there are no fans, can we at least put like 50 of these behind the visitors goal?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      If there are no fans, can we at least put like 50 of these behind the visitors goal?

If there are no fans, I want Signman to make a cutout of me to place behind the bench. That'll be the only way I see those seats!

Comment

I thought I posted this last week, if I have and you've read it, please accept my apology.

I was in a meeting last week with a guy who officiates college football games (I think he's from Dallas, but i"m not sure). He said probably no football this year. I'm thinking we will not see a full college basketball season this year, if we see one at all. Perhaps something that would start in 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
                          I thought I posted this last week, if I have and you've read it, please accept my apology.

I was in a meeting last week with a guy who officiates college football games (I think he's from Dallas, but i"m not sure). He said probably no football this year. I'm thinking we will not see a full college basketball season this year, if we see one at all. Perhaps something that would start in 2021.

Just don't tell cold. He'll probably be doing cartwheels. Maybe even have to start a whole new thread on the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

If there is no college football, then I wouldn’t expect any college sports at all. Winter/early spring won’t be any better than the fall with flu season ramping up.

Comment

And just what is this flu you refer to.

Comment

Working...
                              X