Carl Hall better than JT Durley?!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Hall better than JT Durley?!??

I was wondering who you guys think is better, Carl or JT?

Totally different players...however, I was looking at last years stats and statistically to this point; Stutz is better than Durley and Hall is better than Blair.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Stutz and Hall have really done a solid job thus far. My biggest concern coming into this Season was replacing Ellis, Durley and Blair inside. Stutz is still improving and now seems more consistent. Hall caught on to our System about as swiftly as any Juco player from times past. Ben Smith helps inside and EO is finding his niche as a Shocker team player. We finally got our Twin Towers (Stutz--EO) and I still want to get them in 'some' games together just for kicks. No, not tonight. If I was comparing Durley and Hall as both Juniors in our System, I would give an edge to Hall. My opinions are not always accurate, but free of charge.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

It is so early in the conference season that it is difficult to tell. Last year we played U. Con (as in Cons & the "UConn Ref"), SDSU, etc. Why not compare conference stats between 2010-11 and 2011-12 at the end of February before reaching a conclusion?

I do think we will miss Ellis' game tonight. I hope we can put pressure on "DougFrosh" so he doesn't go off completely.
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Durley was a finesse player while Hall is your traditional Power Forward
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Straight up stats won't tell the whole story as Stutz and Hall figure to get significantly more minutes this year than their counterparts last year with less depth behind them.
            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

I agree that Hall and Durley are completely different players and it is hard to compare them. Each have/had vastly different roles from the other and both were asked to do different things in order to help their squads win basketball games. With that said, JT was a easy first team all conference selection and was it not for a couple of eggs the
              Shocks laid at home last season, could have very well have been the conference POY. I seriously doubt that when other teams game plan against us this season, there are many coaches designing defenses directly to stop Carl. You know that every team we played last year was trying to figure out a way from keeping JT from scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                Straight up stats won't tell the whole story as Stutz and Hall figure to get significantly more minutes this year than their counterparts last year with less depth behind them.
                That may end up being true, but it's not currently. Durley (25.1mpg) and Blair (20.1) in 2010-11 to Stutz (21.3) and Hall (21.5) in 2011-12.

Comment

This kind of thing is better done when both careers are completed. Seems to me that a better comp for Hall would be Ramon Clemente.

Comment

I agree with pin. Clemente and Blair will be Hall's comparison. Stutz to Miller and maybe Durley. Ragland to Hannah, and Murry to Cooz. This type of topic will make for some great off-season conversation but today we've got the BJs to worry about.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Ok, that was a bad question. Is Stutz better than Durley?

Comment

Originally posted by AJShock View Post
                        Ok, that was a bad question. Is Stutz better than Durley?
                        Yes, especially if intangibles are thrown into the equation.

Defense - Stutz at least makes a consistent effort through the entire game
                        Practice and work ethic - I don't recall Durley being hurt, but he lost his starting spot to Stutz 4 times last year. Hmmm - I wonder why?
                        Points prevented - Stutz alters shots around the basket - or simply prevents them by being there.
                        Leadership - See "Practice and work ethic"
                        Passing - If the ball goes to Stutz, there is a good chance it might get passed again.

There are a lot of things that win or lose games that don't show up in stats or what gets voted on for all-conference recognition. If I had a choice - either Durley or Stutz on a team - I'd go with Stutz every time. I think Marshall had as much to do with Durley making all-conference as Durley. Durley showed no desire or inclination to do the work he had to do to get to that point. I suspect Marshall had to keep a non-stop fire lit under Durley's butt to overcome Durley's self-admitted laziness.

You shouldn't have to start an all-conference Sr on the bench 4 games to send him a message.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Hmm. I don't know yet.

But I'll say, Hall blocks shots like Durley never did, and he can get points like Blair never did. So he IS the perfect replacement for the loss of Durley and Blair. No wonder WSU hasn't really missed much of a beat, if at all, on the front line.. he's a combination of Durley and Blair, so to speak

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

IMO, Hall > Durley

Comment

Hall is an excellent passer out of the post, too, high or low. Excellent.

Comment

Working...
                              X