Carl Hall better than JT Durley?!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Carl Hall is chomping at the bit for the game tonight.

Kind of an X on the plane to Bradley chomping.....

Not saying I'm expecting a 40-20 game from Carl....just sayin' he's ready to get after it.
    He definitely played with a chip on his shoulder tonight.
    If there was any doubt on who is better, Hall put it to rest tonight.
    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Karl is a beast. JT was great--particularly his senior season (and junior season) but there aren't many players that DESERVE to be player of the game despite the fact that their team comes out on the losing end. No one on the court tonight played harder, with more determination or with more effort than Carl.

I hope he plays that way throughout conference season because a LOT of good things will happen as a result.

Comment

Carl Hall is better than JT Durley in every category except on Offensuve scoring. Carl is good on putbacks, but JT had a variety of scoring ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
          He definitely played with a chip on his shoulder tonight.
          If there was any doubt on who is better, Hall put it to rest tonight.
          No doubt Carl left it all out there tonight. It would have been nice to see at least one more Shocker play with his heart and drive. Nobody should ever question Carl Hall again after the effort he gave tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            No doubt Carl left it all out there tonight. It would have been nice to see at least one more Shocker play with his heart and drive. Nobody should ever question Carl Hall again after the effort he gave tonight.
            Couldn't agree more. Hall played like it might be his last game.

On the other hand, I wish his post partner, GS, played with some initiative.
            He looked like he was running in slow motion down the floor and allowed his opponent (Echenique) to plant his butt as low on the post as he pleased. He never denied GE post positioning and was abused time and time again.

Quite possibly the most embarrassing was the clear out on the base line where, after waiting about 5 minutes, he finally tried some awkward baseline drive.
            The kicker was having the ball knocked out of bounds, by GE, not exactly the quickest hands on the planet.

It was ugly, period.
            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

I cant swing this one way or the other. It may be that Hall is more recent and fresher in my mind. But as much as I enjoyed watching JT, I LOVE watching Hall.
              On twitter as @WuShocks

Comment

Doesn't really matter. But I'm glad Hall is a Shocker!
                Phi Alpha

Comment

Working...
                X