No announcement yet.

Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MM did good in his first game. 11/17 for 28. (Google Translate works pretty good!)

Comment

Good for AM. Hope he does great things in the Canyon!

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
        I can't believe that some still get wound up at past players like Conner who they didn't like. Conner's past news, as a Shocker, and I'm glad he can still make some money playing the game he loved. I lift up Fred, Landry, and others but I care more about the players who are here, and will get us back consistently to where we want (in the Top 25) to be.
        I only get "wound up" when former players, who I always liked, diminish their own legacy (even if it's in my own eyes) by saying something snide/snarky or derogatory about their time here. In this instance the previous post alluded that CF felt he had been held back. I assume he means by either the coaching staff or the style of play or his fellow team mates. If that was the case and didn't try to change it then then he should just suck it up now and not worry about what happened in the past. If anyone has any clarification as to what he meant then please enlighten me so I can wind down.

Comment

Frankamp made a mistake by choosing both KU & WSU... Two great and Hall of Fame coaches that don't have systems which would maximize a player with Frankamp's unique strengths and weaknesses. He isn't the typical catch and shoot undersized point guard or taller shooting guard that can live off a few shots a half. He needs touches, he needs dribbles, he needs to find the "line" on his own... I loved having Frankamp on the team and think he is an absolute basketball stud, but I am not offended that time has provided him the perspective required to see that he probably made a number of mistakes which limited his production.

Comment

A lot of guys leave WSU and are successful in Europe. From what I can tell, a lot of them think 3G "held them back". Haven't seen any of them talk about how they might not even be a pro if not for playing at WSU or under 3G.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              A lot of guys leave WSU and are successful in Europe. From what I can tell, a lot of them think 3G "held them back". Haven't seen any of them talk about how they might not even be a pro if not for playing at WSU or under 3G.
              The only things that were held back were the diva attitudes.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

UMass Basketball: Impact of Noah Fernandes’ immediate eligibility for 2020-21 - FanSide Sports

by Stu Luddecke
                09/28/20, 8:25pm cst

Noah Fernandes struggled as a freshman at Wichita State, but there's reason to believe he'll thrive given a fresh start at UMass Basketball.

"UMass Basketball gets great news this offseason, with transfer Noah Fernandes eligible to play this upcoming season.

UMass Basketball’s immediate and long-term outlooks changed significantly on September 16th, on which date the team received news of Wichita State-transfer Noah Fernandes’ eligibility to compete immediately instead of needing to sit for a year.

The team was already poised to be deep on the block and wings, but the Point Guard spot could easily have given the young Minutemen trouble had the NCAA gone another way with Fernandes’ eligibility decision....

On the surface, Fernandes’ freshman numbers at Wichita State look concerning, but as a rookie in a very crowded backcourt he only got to see the floor for nine minutes per contest and he also missed nine games due to injury. It’s worth mentioning as well that there were clearly some things to work out in the Wichita State locker room, as Fernandes was one of just six Shockers to transfer this offseason....

The bottom line is that Fernandes isn’t likely to be one of UMass’ stars this season, but he’s probably the best offensive Point Guard on the team, and as part of such an inexperienced backcourt committee, it means something that he has some high level (AAC) experience (if limited) under his belt as well...."

Comment

Liked his attitude here, hope he's great at UMASS and enjoys playing the game he clearly loves.

Comment

I think he can be a good player for them. At WSU it was just too much, too soon. He needed a redshirt to bulk up and get ready for the D1 competition. He has quickness and instincts you want in a PG plus he can be a decent shooter.

Comment

CF looks great and it is tremendous to see him playing with the confidence he is now displaying.

Comment

Comment

Good for Cle. Would love to see him get another look in the NBA. If not, I am confident he can make lots of cash and be successful in the Euroleague.

Comment

Comment

Sad news.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                                Sad news.

Noticed that Mark Cuban donated $10,000.

Comment

Working...
                                X