Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bars 77 v. Blue Birds 65

I watched most of the game.

The Bars are going to be a handful this season.

The Bars are definitely, at least in this game, not an inside-out team. They are perimeter and dribble penetration oriented.

They have two guards, who will be trouble for the Shocks. A black guy, who wears #0 is very quick and a very good penetrator. In this game, he shot well. The other guard is a white guy and he wears #55. He is a wiry guy and an excellent ball handler. While he may not appear to be a good penetrator, he does have some deceptive moves and takes it to the basket effectively.

Tonight, Weems scored about 30.

Scoring:

Weems - 31
    #0 Downing - 26
    #55 Bizoukas - 5

Box score:
    Box score for the Missouri State Bears vs. Creighton Bluejays NCAAM game from December 28, 2011 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

If the conference champion has less than 3 losses, I will be most surprised. Four losses will not surprise me at all.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Now if we can just beat them on Sat!
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

This game actually surprised me. I always thought the bears were good, but I thought the only team to be better than Creighton was Wichita State. I guess Kyle Weems can still bring it with the best of them.
      “Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose laziness and despondency make them give it up as unattainable.”

Comment

That game is very possibly the difference between us winning the conf. championship outright and tying. Time will tell!!!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I think the returning Valley POY was a little miffed that the newbie up in Omaha was getting all the press this year. Weems had 29, but he was 11/22 to get that. DMac had 19 on 8/18 in 37 minutes.

Downing was the difference for MSU in this game 26 points on 11/14 in 37 minutes.

Playing guys 37 minutes at this stage of the season could be a problem around February or March.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that this was Downing's first start of the season. Scheer has been starting and struggling. MSU will be tough but they don't have an answer for our rebounding and GS.

Comment

Right now, MSU is the early favorite to win the conference. They own a road win against the preseason pick.

If you thought Cuonzo ball was grab and hold wait till you see the Lusk project.

In light of the Xavier-Cincy brawl, this probably isn't politically correct, but I wish someone would pop Weems in the suck hole. Too bad we can't suit up the Thunder enforcer that one punched that clown last night.

Comment

CU had trouble with MSU's zone
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

This is what happened at the beginning of last season. Missouri state eaked out a few close victories to start the season and it became the difference maker for the year. Every game makes a difference in conference play.

Comment

MSU has Bizoukas?! We're screwed! All we have are some Cotton Rags in a Hall and a really tall White guy with something that rhymes with curry. We won't stand a chance until next year when our Vleet of foot Baker can cook something up to Derail this train that is MSU. The town Marshall in charge of this ingenious Plan has to be careful not to jump the train into the tree with the Hawkins it though.

:O
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

That may have been the only game ever that I was actually rooting for Weems. I think we will be surprised at how important that specific loss is for CU.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                        MSU has Bizoukas?! We're screwed! All we have are some Cotton Rags in a Hall and a really tall White guy with something that rhymes with curry. We won't stand a chance until next year when our Vleet of foot Baker can cook something up to Derail this train that is MSU. The town Marshall in charge of this ingenious Plan has to be careful not to jump the train into the tree with the Hawkins it though.

:O
                        LMAO!! Fortunately our engineering school is versed in Demetric system and Will help us right the sinking Wessel. Then ol' MSU will take an Orupke in their pants.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          That may have been the only game ever that I was actually rooting for Weems. I think we will be surprised at how important that specific loss is for CU.
                          I respect Weems, I'll never root for him.
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                            I respect Weems, I'll never root for him.
                            Haha, well only because it was in our best interest. I do feel a little dirty now, I better hit the shower.

Comment

Personally I think it was in our best interest if Creighton and Indiana State would have won tonight. But I can't get too upset with CU losing (although I don't like seeing Kyle Weems win either). Yuck.

Comment

Working...
                              X