No announcement yet.

Game Time - Twansac - WSU Basketball Anthem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think what you are missing is "musical preference." I'm not exactly in to that paticular genre, but in the absence of any good radio in Wichita, I've grown fond of top 40 type music that brings a little fun with it.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      It's not his best work
      I wholeheartedly agree. I like almost all of his older stuff and "Deeper than the Mind's Eye" is one of my favorite CD's. This song is average at best but it isn't like there are a whole bunch of people releasing songs about WSU.
      Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Damn, @ShockRef: ... I respect much of what you post, but this is a bit over the top unless I am missing something. You are excoriating a kid's effort for taking a risk to do something that honors Wichita State. When's the last time you took such a risk and put it out there for public consumption? I'm not saying you can't hate it, but I'm not sure being so in-your-face, obnoxiously callous toward the kid's effort to bring something new and fresh to your alma mater (?) is called for.

And no, I'm not his dad. (preemptive strike on your "Thanks Mr. Twansac" reply! LMAO)

Maybe this kid has a really bad reputation for some reason, or I am missing something else?
        Kung,
        Maybe just showing my age and an old school type that is not a fan of rap, that's all.

Have a nice evening.

That is all.
        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

This has nothing to do with musical preference,age,racism,midgetism, your mommaism.....

Antoine is a horrible MC. The fact that makes a song about Wichita is irrelevant.

Besides >>>> http://pigeonsandplanes.com/2011/09/...ust-blaze.html

Comment

I want to think all of the supporters of the WSU theme song and for making it big enough for all the haters to come out and play. I also want to thank all the people with all the negative comments as well. I understand being a hater is a miserable way of life and uncurable disease. It matters not what they say but simply illustrates their ignorant behavior. Twansac is the first and only artist to put Wichita on the map and so that alone will upset people. He doesnt live there anymore and still reps the dub harder than the wushock lol j/k If you notice the ones that make the hater comments are the ones that have not achieved anything significant in their lives other than being a douche bag. Wichita Stand up! For all the Haters please report to your to tonsil hockey game as a matter of fact i have something that you can put on your tonsils lol Have a Good Day

Comment

And with that post, I think I like Twansac less.

A lot of unnecessary insults. Especially since he defending an average song at best and definitely not close to Twansacs best work.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                And with that post, I think I like Twansac less.

A lot of unnecessary insults. Especially since he defending an average song at best and definitely not close to Twansacs best work.
                Hey atleast he ended it with "have a good day"

I tried to enjoy the song.....however I'll stick to the "Black & Yellow Shocker Remix to rev me up....
                "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

This is not about Twansac...This is about Wichita State and the great school that it is. Im not here to gain your popularity. I dont do insults and also dont hold back my OPINIONS either and if anyones offended then they have every right to be. The song is the 2nd most requested song on the station soon to be number one. So i accept your feedback but the popularity of the song contradicts your feelings towards it. Furthermore i was asked to do the song as a way of giving back to the community. Im speaking of the community that has bought thousands of twansac records not the community that cant support their local musicians. And i didnt have to steal another artists song to make a song (black and yellow)Furthermore half of you didnt support the shockers when they were losing so why now? Like Tupac said you dont have to bump it but please respect it
                  Last edited by twansac; January 4, 2012, 12:52 PM. Reason: mispelled

Comment

Originally posted by twansac View Post
                    I want to think all of the supporters of the WSU theme song and for making it big enough for all the haters to come out and play. I also want to thank all the people with all the negative comments as well. I understand being a hater is a miserable way of life and uncurable disease. It matters not what they say but simply illustrates their ignorant behavior. Twansac is the first and only artist to put Wichita on the map and so that alone will upset people. He doesnt live there anymore and still reps the dub harder than the wushock lol j/k If you notice the ones that make the hater comments are the ones that have not achieved anything significant in their lives other than being a douche bag. Wichita Stand up! For all the Haters please report to your to tonsil hockey game as a matter of fact i have something that you can put on your tonsils lol Have a Good Day
                    Am I allowed to not like the song without being a hater? I am just not a fan of canned, sampled music. Hire some live musicians and create an actual groove and I might be more receptive to this music. It's not the message about WSU (which is cool!), just the vehicle itself. I don't hate it or thick it sucks, just not a fan. I've performed live and the risk you take is some people aren't going to like it. Accept it or go flip burgers for a living.

a
                    On twitter as @WuShocks

Comment

Originally posted by BikeIdiot View Post
                      Am I allowed to not like the song without being a hater? I am just not a fan of canned, sampled music. Hire some live musicians and create an actual groove and I might be more receptive to this music. It's not the message about WSU (which is cool!), just the vehicle itself. I don't hate it or thick it sucks, just not a fan. I've performed live and the risk you take is some people aren't going to like it. Accept it or go flip burgers for a living.

a
                      That's the thing with too many today. If you don't like something/someone you're just a hater. Doesn't matter if what they're putting out there is any good. I have no idea what he's talking about when he talks about the popularity of it or being number two. Personally, the song is closer to a number two than anything else. I get the sense most on here simply aren't fans of this song. Trust me. I wanted to like it. I've enjoyed some of his work in the past. But this one bored me mostly
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Sweet! Awesome! Love it!!!

As a "semi-pro" performing and recording artist myself out on the west coast...I wholeheartedly give props to that song for representing Wichita St.!!! I'm not entirely into that genre but I do enjoy the genre a great deal! Much respect for the great song representing my favorite basketball school!!! I do like the the song btw! Nice work Twansac!!!
                        GO SHOCKS!!!
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I still find "Cadillac Love" stuck in my head sometimes. That was a good jam back in the day! I'm not going to say I didn't intend to enjoy the song, it's simply not my style. However, I do appreciate Twansac's willingness to do this for the city. Also, I don't know many of the people on this site, but I can tell many of them have been fans long before we started our recent winning ways......
                          "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

Let me first apoligize for offending anyone even the the haters. Last time i checked, i dont recall saying anybodys name specifically...You are more than welcome to not like the song and im not going to call you a hater if you dont like it. Some people like vanilla ice cream and some chocolate me i dont like neither one and thats not to say its good or bad ice cream. If i struck a nerve by expressing my opinion than maybe you are a hater. I am passionate about music so i speak passionately about it. Remember I was asked to do this song not neglected to and loved every min of putting it together on such notice. So again its not about the tons of success that I am having in the biz but about the shockers and their success. I love burger king by the way maybe i should see if they have any job openings

Comment

Originally posted by twansac View Post
                              Let me first apoligize for offending anyone even the the haters. Last time i checked, i dont recall saying anybodys name specifically...You are more than welcome to not like the song and im not going to call you a hater if you dont like it. Some people like vanilla ice cream and some chocolate me i dont like neither one and thats not to say its good or bad ice cream. If i struck a nerve by expressing my opinion than maybe you are a hater. I am passionate about music so i speak passionately about it. Remember I was asked to do this song not neglected to and loved every min of putting it together on such notice. So again its not about the tons of success that I am having in the biz but about the shockers and their success. I love burger king by the way maybe i should see if they have any job openings
                              Don't take offense to music criticism. We have lot's of people on here that criticize the coaching and playing and they can't do either of those too.

Comment

@SubGod22: I agree no where close to my best work and it wasnt intended for that or to be a chart topper...It was just simply a gesture to support the shockers thats all...What i meant is that it is the 2nd most requested song on power 93.9. You should reread the last post and trust me i do appreciate your opinion...thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X