WSU to Raze Cessna Stadium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make me sad... lots of great memories.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Taylor E on the ball as usual. Sorry if already posted.

Comment

Over/under on how long it will take Boatright to raise $1.4M?

Comment

Maybe they bring football back?
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
            Over/under on how long it will take Boatright to raise $1.4M?

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Assuming Marshall approves the project, right?
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                The university said locker rooms housed underneath the west stands would move into the new student-athlete center being constructed adjacent to the arena and south of the stadium.
                That part isn't new. That's been known since they announced the new student-athlete center. New and badly need digs for the Track and Field team.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                  I'm all for a more track (and small sports), dedicated facility. Maybe not as great a facility as Hayward Field, but in the same inspiration.

I am certain they will try and keep the KSHAA Track Championships. Great event.
                  I agree. The only problem with drawing teams to Wichita for meets is our early spring weather.

My guess is we may have seen the last of the All-Classes Kansas Track and Field Championship held at the same location. Maybe you get 2 classes at each of 3 locations. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

That part isn't new. That's been known since they announced the new student-athlete center. New and badly need digs for the Track and Field team.
                    It should take care of the...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Assuming Marshall approves the project, right?
                      From what I understand Marshall and Boatright are out there with sledgehammers as we speak.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                        Has there ever been any studies on building an indoor facility, similar to these type of stadiums?

Fargodome – North Dakota State University, Seating = 18,700
                        UNI-Dome – University of Northern Iowa, Seating = 16,300
                        Walkup Skydome - Northern Arizona University, Seating = 16,200
                        Kibbie Dome - University of Idaho, Seating = 16,000
                        Alerus Center - University of North Dakota, Seating = 12,283
                        Holt Arena - Idaho State University, Seating = 12,000
                        Dakota Dome – University of South Dakota, Seating = 10,000

Also, why couldn’t WSU, go into partnership with the City of Wichita, Sedgwick County, and the Wichita School District to do a collaboration project of building an indoor arena.
                        I assume the main use for msot of these are for FCS football programs and possiby indoor track and field events.

Could not use that for Outdoor Track & Field competitions obviously. Birmingham appears to have hit a home run with their City owned Crossplex facility that hosts the AAC Indoor Track & Field Championships among a number of other conference and NCAA championships plus other events as well.

Directions Home Facilities Directions invalid widget [plugins_addthis_addthis] [] Directions […]

Facility Info Home Arena Info invalid widget [plugins_addthis_addthis] [] […]

Attending the AAC Indoor Track and Field Championships in that facility is on my bucket list.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                          Has there ever been any studies on building an indoor facility, similar to these type of stadiums?

Fargodome – North Dakota State University, Seating = 18,700
                          UNI-Dome – University of Northern Iowa, Seating = 16,300
                          Walkup Skydome - Northern Arizona University, Seating = 16,200
                          Kibbie Dome - University of Idaho, Seating = 16,000
                          Alerus Center - University of North Dakota, Seating = 12,283
                          Holt Arena - Idaho State University, Seating = 12,000
                          Dakota Dome – University of South Dakota, Seating = 10,000

Also, why couldn’t WSU, go into partnership with the City of Wichita, Sedgwick County, and the Wichita School District to do a collaboration project of building an indoor arena.
                          Aren’t those indoor stadiums sort of cheap looking ugly and expensive? Wichita’s weather isn’t that bad is it?

Comment

I agree. The only problem with drawing teams to Wichita for meets is our early spring weather.

My guess is we may have seen the last of the All-Classes Kansas Track and Field Championship held at the same location. Maybe you get 2 classes at each of 3 locations. Time will tell.
                            What? You think Wichita weather is really much different than anywhere else in Kansas?

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

What? You think Wichita weather is really much different than anywhere else in Kansas?
                              I wasn't limiting my comment about weather to Kansas. I am talking about getting teams to Kansas for collegiate meets.

As far as the KSHAA Championships go the weather is fine for that at that time of the year. However, it doesn't sound like the replacement facility may be big enough to handle that. But we'll see what they come up with.

Comment

I wasn't limiting my comment about weather to Kansas. I am talking about getting teams to Kansas for collegiate meets.

As far as the KSHAA Championships go the weather is fine for that at that time of the year. However, it doesn't sound like the replacement facility may be big enough to handle that. But we'll see what they come up with.
                                They said 12,000-15,000. How many athletes and fans attend the State Track Meet?

Comment

Working...
                                X