Why KU won't play WSU at neutral site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KU would be too well-scouted.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
      I think KC's sarcasm detector is broken.
      It always has been... he takes the bait hook line and sinker. Here's how I feel about this beat-to-death topic:

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I've always wondered: is it pronounced ah-muh-ter or oh-mee-ter?
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
          You know, that's a freakin' awesome question.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
            Oh-dah-muh-ter

Comment

nicely done..
              On twitter as @WuShocks

Comment

It is certainly not rpi. Ku played AT USC this year. USC has an rpi of 132. According to real time rpi WSU is at 27 right now (they currently have Ku at 28).

If they are willing to fly clear across the country to play a 132 rpi team they should be willing to make the short 2 1/2 hour drive to Wichita to play a top 50 rpi team.

It isn't financial either. They could play at IBA and split the money with WSU and make a ton of money. They got nothing (but shelling out money for expenses) for playing at USC.

I guess that leaves one reason they won't even consider playing WSU at a neutral site.

It must be 3Gs DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                  I think KC's sarcasm detector is broken.
                  He's not the only one.

Comment

Maybe we should focus on fixing the fact that we've only been to the tournament once in the last 20 years. KU on the other hand has something like 20 tourney appearances, a National Title, Four Final Fours, 4 or 5 (?) Elite Eights, and a bunch of Sweet 16s in the last two decades.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightwatchman View Post
                      Maybe we should focus on fixing the fact that we've only been to the tournament once in the last 20 years. KU on the other hand has something like 20 tourney appearances, a National Title, Four Final Fours, 4 or 5 (?) Elite Eights, and a bunch of Sweet 16s in the last two decades.
                      Careful!

Comment

Oh dear lord... The KU basketball avoiding WSU mystery ranks up there with the WSU football mystery and finding big foot. I'm not going to sit here and throw my 2 cents in, but I will tell you all what I've heard from some WSU brass about why KU avoids them. A few years ago, I was attending the WSU vs KU baseball game in Lawrence. A drunk WSU fan who snuck his own flask into the game was sitting next to me on the WSU side and spotted Sexton walking around the stands. So the drunk guy proceeds to get Sextons attention. Sexton walks up and shakes the drunk fans hand the guy asks him why KU won't play WSU in basketball.. lol.. Sexton appeared to get furious or frustrated or something, stepped back from the guy and said in a very stern voice, "IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM" and then marched off. The drunk guy looked over at me and shrugged as if to say "did i just piss off the WSU a.d??".. Sexton then came back once again using his stern voice and said "HE HAS THE PROBLEM." and he pointed up at Allen Field House as it loomed behind the baseball stadium. There was a brief pause, and the drunk WSU fan then slowly turned back around to look at Sexton. the A.D. then chuckled, shrugged and walked off. Once again, the drunk guy looked over at me looking confused. Can't say I blame him for being confused, something about that topic obviously has Sexton upset, but he would not say what it was. I would like know details about this "problem", that will never happen though.

Comment

That's all well and good. But I'd really like to hear more about WSU football and bigfoot. :untroubled:
                          "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                            That's all well and good. But I'd really like to hear more about WSU football and bigfoot. :untroubled:
                            Okey-dokey!

"Those were the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end"

Comment

KU wouldn't play us in a one time game at their place in 05-06 in a made for TV game proposed by ESPN. It's not RPI, money, or any other reason other than being afraid they might lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
                                KU wouldn't play us in a one time game at their place in 05-06 in a made for TV game proposed by ESPN. It's not RPI, money, or any other reason other than being afraid they might lose.
                                Oh yeah, that's it, they're scared. Sorry Zardoz, but NO!

Comment

Working...
                                X