No announcement yet.

The New Look Shox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Counting on the assumption that the true freshmen coming in will typically lag until they make the freshman sophomore transition. Expect that in 2 years we'll know if the reset is successful. The positive is that there does seem to have been a reset.

Comment

David Kyle’s used to chase opponents down from behind soar above them and block their fast break layups.

Comment

"Those were the Days my friends. And they will be again.

Comment

The last group that came (and now mostly gone) a couple of years ago after the seniors, Shamet and Reaves departed felt like a patchwork scramble to fill the roster. Not really sure how all the players fit together. This group seems like there is a clear direction that the team is moving toward.

Looking back at this year, and some of the struggles that this team had, to still be probably a better than 50/50 shot at making the tourney is kind of a testament to GM's ability if you ask me. But it did feel like we were playing in a lower gear or 2 than most of the competition. Rarely did we have the best player on the court, even against the ECU's of the conference. Think about that.... I'll wait....

When we talk about all of the players that ditched us for greener pastures #sarcasm. We RARELY if EVER had the best player on the court. I'm not even sure that GM is losing sleep over anyone that left.

We had guy after guy after guy beating us almost every game. That's been going on for a while. I remember a time when the big swingin dicks came into the roundhouse and promptly got the WSU treatment and laid an egg. Remember those days? When viewing the other team's message boards on why they lost the game? "Oh well, yeah, the Shox got lucky because player X, or stud Y had an off game." I sure as hell remember those times and it wasn't a coincidence that every great player the other team brought in, seemingly always had a crap game against the Shox. It was because we had a freaking defensive stopper. Always had a defensive stopper. We don't have that player on the roster. Maybe we have that player coming in. Maybe we have several of those players coming in. But it seems to me, that is what GM is after with this class.

You need to be athletic to play defense. You have to want to play defense. My advice to every one of the new guys coming in... You wanna play? You wanna play a lot? You wanna be the freaking man? Become a defensive stoppa! It may not be sexy, but if you have any offensive capability, you aren't going to get to fill up the stat sheet on offense, unless you play defense, cause you can't score if you aren't on the court. And no defense gets you a courtside seat. A good seat, but a seat nontheless.

There probably will never be a Tekele Cotton type stallion again. But until we sign his kid, we need to find someone that wants to be that guy.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            The last group that came (and now mostly gone) a couple of years ago after the seniors, Shamet and Reaves departed felt like a patchwork scramble to fill the roster. Not really sure how all the players fit together. This group seems like there is a clear direction that the team is moving toward.

Looking back at this year, and some of the struggles that this team had, to still be probably a better than 50/50 shot at making the tourney is kind of a testament to GM's ability if you ask me. But it did feel like we were playing in a lower gear or 2 than most of the competition. Rarely did we have the best player on the court, even against the ECU's of the conference. Think about that.... I'll wait....

When we talk about all of the players that ditched us for greener pastures #sarcasm. We RARELY if EVER had the best player on the court. I'm not even sure that GM is losing sleep over anyone that left.

We had guy after guy after guy beating us almost every game. That's been going on for a while. I remember a time when the big swingin dicks came into the roundhouse and promptly got the WSU treatment and laid an egg. Remember those days? When viewing the other team's message boards on why they lost the game? "Oh well, yeah, the Shox got lucky because player X, or stud Y had an off game." I sure as hell remember those times and it wasn't a coincidence that every great player the other team brought in, seemingly always had a crap game against the Shox. It was because we had a freaking defensive stopper. Always had a defensive stopper. We don't have that player on the roster. Maybe we have that player coming in. Maybe we have several of those players coming in. But it seems to me, that is what GM is after with this class.

You need to be athletic to play defense. You have to want to play defense. My advice to every one of the new guys coming in... You wanna play? You wanna play a lot? You wanna be the freaking man? Become a defensive stoppa! It may not be sexy, but if you have any offensive capability, you aren't going to get to fill up the stat sheet on offense, unless you play defense, cause you can't score if you aren't on the court. And no defense gets you a courtside seat. A good seat, but a seat nontheless.

There probably will never be a Tekele Cotton type stallion again. But until we sign his kid, we need to find someone that wants to be that guy.
            Wichita State Defense Stats

OFG% - 7th in D1
            Defensive Efficiency - 4th in D1

Wichita State Offense - 179th in D1

Maybe we didn't have a individual 'stopper' but we won 23 games because we were very good defensively. Our offense, on the other hand, was abysmal

Comment

Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post

OFG% - 7th in D1

Maybe we didn't have a individual 'stopper' but we won 23 games because we were very good defensively. Our offense, on the other hand, was abysmal
              And we would have 3 more wins if someone could guard Cumberland and the 1 dude from Tulsa.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

And we would have 3 more wins if someone could guard Cumberland and the 1 dude from Tulsa.
                We held Tulsa to 54 that game. Pretty embarrassing we could only score 51

Comment

OFG% - 7th in D1

A backcourt made up of freshmen and sophomores plus only one frontline offensive threat will do that to an offense

Comment

We held Tulsa to 54 that game. Pretty embarrassing we could only score 51
                    I'm not disagreeing. The offense was crap. Which is another reason I'm not missing many of the departures.

Comment

Welcome Jaden and Ricky:

Comment

I'm not disagreeing. The offense was crap. Which is another reason I'm not missing many of the departures.
                        Yeah me neither. I’m going to miss JB but not many of the others.

I was a big ES apologist all season and have been disappointed with his behavior since leaving. I’d like to apologize to Shockernet Nation. I was wrong

Comment

Love Jaden's happy-go-lucky attitude and smile. Seems like a great young man.
                          The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Hello Taylor Rocha...

Comment

I too love Jaden's smile and happy go lucky attitude.
                              I am also confident that when he steps onto the court, the smile becomes a scowl as he PLAYS ANGRY!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Hello Taylor Rocha...
                                Not sure how long she’s been at KSN, but I really like her. I believe Taylor’s an Arizona State grad, but you’d think she graduated from WSU with her positive reporting on the Shockers. Definitely a breath of fresh air. I think the local media has got rid of some cancer the last couple of years... overall, there seems to be more positive WSU reporting.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X