Christian Dawkins Documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian Dawkins Documentary

Curious if anyone watched it yet. It’s out on Netflix and is basically told from Christian and his lawyer’s perspective. There’s an interview with FVV, who signed with ASM (Andy Miller) through Christian. It makes the FBI look pretty bad. Basically they ended up putting a couple guys behind bars for a year after 3 years of investigation. Pretty enlightening and worth the watch.

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    told from Christian and his lawyer’s perspective.
    That right there is all I need to know.

Comment

The documentary is pretty damning for the FBI side. They screwed the pooch. Can easily be argued that it was entrapment. Christian screwed up yes but the FBI and prosecutors screwed up more.

Comment

Do an interview with someone convicted of murder and their attorney, and see how badly the police and the District Attorney messed up in so many ways.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I’d recommend watching it before jumping to conclusions. Not saying you will be on Dawkin’s side. Dawkins readily admits he paid athletes while they were still students, it’s not about whether he did that or not. He was trying to build a management business and got tangled up with the FBI.

Comment

Curious if anyone watched it yet. It’s out on Netflix and is basically told from Christian and his lawyer’s perspective. There’s an interview with FVV, who signed with ASM (Andy Miller) through Christian. It makes the FBI look pretty bad. Basically they ended up putting a couple guys behind bars for a year after 3 years of investigation. Pretty enlightening and worth the watch.
            Hate to be a pedant, but is it on HBO and not Netflix?
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post

Hate to be a pedant, but is it on HBO and not Netflix?
              Netflix It’s called “the scheme”

Comment

I watched it, according to him he did nothing wrong it was all the FBI undercover agents fault.
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                  I watched it, according to him he did nothing wrong it was all the FBI undercover agents fault.
                  I think there is a lot of fault to spread...including fbi. Lot's of borderline entrapment

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22 View Post

I think there is a lot of fault to spread...including fbi. Lot's of borderline entrapment
                    Probably so, but Christian Dawkins (and guys like him) is a scourge on college basketball, only out for himself.

Comment

I just searched and it's only on HBO

Comment

First world problems.

Comment

I watched and I am on the side of Dawkins just in the sense of I don’t think this should have been considered a crime where tax payer dollars went into catching him. NCAA violations aren’t worth criminal investigations.

Comment

I can’t find it in Netflix but it is on HBO
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by 1989 View Post
                              I watched and I am on the side of Dawkins just in the sense of I don’t think this should have been considered a crime where tax payer dollars went into catching him. NCAA violations aren’t worth criminal investigations.
                              The NCAA thinks they are a government. Peoples lives shouldn’t be ruined over breaking NCAA rules unless they are employed by the NCAA, and then they could just go find another job.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                              X