No announcement yet.

Games of Interest: Dec. 18th - 24th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well the Valley is 2-5 in OT games. I can't tell you about the 2 wins and 2 of the losses, but I do know of 3 games that should have been won in regulation and lost in OT. Those are killers for the teams and the conference.

Comment

• UNLV blowing out Cal 46-26 at the half.

Comment

• my goodness UNLV had a hell of a non conference schedule
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
          Clemson hits 16 out of 18 Free Throws in OT to win by 8.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• UNLV up 72-45 with 8 minutes left in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
              my goodness UNLV had a hell of a non conference schedule
              That is why they have an rpi of 9 even with 2 losses. BTW- Warren Nolan now shows our rpi at 28. The bad hit from playing Chicago State has already been totally erased.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                That is why they have an rpi of 9 even with 2 losses. BTW- Warren Nolan now shows our rpi at 28. The bad hit from playing Chicago State has already been totally erased.
                Erased? What would the RPI be without them? In the teens?

Comment

• Boy, the MVC has let a few wins get away from then this week. We need everyone we can get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Wow SIU actually gets to draw up an end game strategy!!
                    Kinda prophetic..."Make sure and give them an easy three, or if they drive to the basket, give them a touch foul so they can try for an 'and 1."
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                      Pac-12 :)

And the Pac-12 is awful, wouldn't be surprised to see them win some games.
                      Wow you are right. I just checked the warren nolan rpi and Colorado with a 87 rpi has the third best rpi in the PAC 12.

The only two teams with a better rpi is Arizona at 48 and California at 62. Oregon is 88 and Stanford is 99 and the other 7 members of the conference are between 115 and 312.

Those numbers look more like the numbers from a so-called mid-major conference then a BCS.

And the overall numbers probably won't get much better (there will some shifting of the rpi amongst teams) because it appears they are done with non-conference play.

Comment

• Bears 61
                        St Marys 77

Comment

• SIU plays Xavier on Sunday in Hawaii. I also believe that is the last Valley non-conference game until the Sears 142 team tournament of leftovers takes place in February.

So there is a good chance we will get one more loss before the start of conference play. I hope I am wrong and I will be rooting for the Salukis, but I am afraid even if they play well they will figure out a way to lose the game.

Xavier has lost their last 3 games in a row, so there is a chance.
                          Last edited by shox1989; December 24, 2011, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• #15 Xavier is leading SIU 42-40 early in the second half. For those interested in watching the game, it is on espn3.com

I noticed Holloway (their All-American) and Wells are both playing. I don't remember how long the suspensions were for the fight with Cincy, but they must be over.

It is the only game on espn3.com right now so it is easy to find.
                            Last edited by shox1989; December 25, 2011, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• At the 15 minute TO, #15 Xavier is up 52-44. From what I have seen of SIU (I have only seen this game and their game against Clemson), they look much better than I expected.

According to the announcers, Xavier had a 15 point lead deep into the second half against Hawaii before losing in OT.

Comment

• X up 52-44 at the 11:02 TO (under 12 media TO).

Comment

Working...
                                X