Former Shocker PJ Couisnard Believes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shock View Post

That could be. I seem to remember him being almost a one star before having a good summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

There is no correlation between any of those things and not being a hard worker.
      I just imagined Gregg Marshall thinking, "You know what this season has proved we need? Less talented players!"

That's like dating a less attractive/enjoyable girl because you know she'll be happy you're even paying attention to her.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I just imagined Gregg Marshall thinking, "You know what this season has proved we need? Less talented players!"

That's like dating a less attractive/enjoyable girl because you know she'll be happy you're even paying attention to her.
        More like not chasing after high maintenance wanna-be super models and finding a woman that you are actually compatible with.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I believe Wiggins was a top 10 (5) JUCO and Lucille was a top 30 (48).

Here are the top-10 recruits for next season who will be playing in National JUCO Championships in Hutchinson, Kansas, this week. 1. Marshall Henderson, South Plains COMMIT: Ole Miss 2...

The source for Junior College Basketball Recruiting News and Updates
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

More like not chasing after high maintenance wanna-be super models and finding a woman that you are actually compatible with.
            Agreed. Marcus Sasser (Houston), who was on the all-freshman AAC team this year (and who looks to be a super good player by the time he is done) was a 3-star. Rivals & 247. Players like that are out there.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
              I believe Wiggins was a top 10 (5) JUCO and Lucille was a top 30 (48).

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...l-championship

https://www.jucorecruiting.com/2012-...layer-rankings
              Wiggins was a Big Time recruit, and coming off of the bench behind players like Cotton wasn't beneath him. He just wanted to play minutes on a good team. He was good enough and had enough accolades as a star (17 ppg in juco) that he could have thought in his mind that he deserved to start in front of Tekele Cotton (2* out of HS). It's players, with attitudes like him and his family during his two years, who make for great teams (F4 and 31-0). PJ seems to say that there are fewer of Nick Wiggins types of players around these days.

Comment

Yes this program is for someone that wants to put in the hard work and knows that ever single day they have to compete for minutes. Unfortunately i believe some players believed that they were the star and didn't feel like others were better than them. Burton did work his tail off. And i believe that what caused the chaos in the locker room. I don't blame him. He needs a breather. I wish him luck. Heck they all need it. But don't expect me to follow GS, ES on any media.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Wu View Post
                  Yes this program is for someone that wants to put in the hard work and knows that ever single day they have to compete for minutes. Unfortunately i believe some players believed that they were the star and didn't feel like others were better than them. Burton did work his tail off. And i believe that what caused the chaos in the locker room. I don't blame him. He needs a breather. I wish him luck. Heck they all need it. But don't expect me to follow GS, ES on any media.
                  They all probably feel like they worked hard (probably they felt they worked harder than their counterparts). I don't give Burton a pass. No one who high tailed it out of town should get a pass (I don't hold anything against any of them-some need to grow up). I like him and maybe he was more unselfish and less immature, than the others (none of us really know for sure and are just speculating) but the only guard who has my full support is Tyson Etienne for sticking it out and trying to make something of the situation.

None of us know for sure what went on. We know for sure that something went on, but that's all. I also speculated a couple of weeks ago, that a couple or few would have character flaws and leave but didn't expect 6 of them. That shows character flaws in 6 of our players. Sure GM has character flaws too, but for 6 to leave from a 23-8 team, shows why we LOST the close games to Tulsa and Cincy and were blown out by Houston twice. The bottom line was that when adversity happened, we had 6 players who couldn't be counted on.

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

But was Cotton a 2 star, signed, and then automatically bumped up to 3 star?
                    During that time, players would drop a star by signing with WSU

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

They all probably feel like they worked hard (probably they felt they worked harder than their counterparts). I don't give Burton a pass. No one who high tailed it out of town should get a pass (I don't hold anything against any of them-some need to grow up). I like him and maybe he was more unselfish and less immature, than the others (none of us really know for sure and are just speculating) but the only guard who has my full support is Tyson Etienne for sticking it out and trying to make something of the situation.

None of us know for sure what went on. We know for sure that something went on, but that's all. I also speculated a couple of weeks ago, that a couple or few would have character flaws and leave but didn't expect 6 of them. That shows character flaws in 6 of our players. Sure GM has character flaws too, but for 6 to leave from a 23-8 team, shows why we LOST the close games to Tulsa and Cincy and were blown out by Houston twice. The bottom line was that when adversity happened, we had 6 players who couldn't be counted on.
                      Good post, but I'll give Noah, DeAntoni and Busse a pass... they may have had doubts about what they could bring to the program or maybe they didn't care for most of their teammates or coaches... that's understandable. Noah gets a 'double-pass'; he had frustrating injuries and may have wanted to get closer to home. I really liked Erik, Grant and Jamarius (thought the future was bright), but they were in the middle of the mess. Sure, coaches have to take part of the blame; in the end, we might be better off without those Three Amigos.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Good post, but I'll give Noah, DeAntoni and Busse a pass... they may have had doubts about what they could bring to the program or maybe they didn't care for most of their teammates or coaches... that's understandable. Noah gets a 'double-pass'; he had frustrating injuries and may have wanted to get closer to home. I really liked Erik, Grant and Jamarius (thought the future was bright), but they were in the middle of the mess. Sure, coaches have to take part of the blame; in the end, we might be better off without those Three Amigos.
                        You're reading minds or tea leaves. Some of what you say maybe or perhaps probably is correct. Reading Taylor's articles for some information, hearing bits and pieces from others who claim to have talked to players, and reading body language on the television, or from 20 rows up isn't my cup of tea so I won't claim to know very much. I would venture a guess that almost everyone on network doesn't know very much. When adversity struck, we weren't very good. Our F4 team had some low points too, and if they would have quit, we wouldn't have that F4 to look back on with fond memories. I would rather the players stayed, but it does give us some information on their character when they leave. Maybe Tyson (or Dexter, or Trey) grows into our FVV and leads when the chips are down, but he/they need some help, and that would be players who have the character to follow.

Comment

I've read a couple of times since he transferred that 3G sat Sherfield down for a game for poor body language on the court. I recall that Grant actually quit the team (at the time, it was reported there was a scuffle in practice with another or other player(s)), later asked for reinstatement, and got it, provided he did certain things. I assumed the "sit-down" was for that situation. Does anybody have any solid knowledge of the truth?
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                          X