Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    So, what's your gut? He coming back?
    It's not gut. He's coming back. If he hasn't declared by now, he's not going to hire an agent or transfw
    er.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• “If it’s not meant and then I have to come back to college, then me and coach, we still have to talk about some things. I’m going to put that out there.” Dennis says. “You know me, him and my mom, we will probably have to sit down and just discuss this past year and moving forward, of course, you know what I’m saying? But as of right now, I don’t know.”

Sheesh, DD has had some interesting quotes lately.

Comment

• Interesting comments about whatever issues he has with Marshall.

Comment

• Talk about how he let you walk away from the program for a few weeks then welcomed you back with open arms??

I want Dex back as much as the next fan, but these non-committal remarks aren’t doing him any favors in my book.
          Last edited by Shock Top; April 8, 2020, 11:48 PM.
          The Assman

Comment

• Nothing surprising there. Obviously with all that went on, they have some things to talk about. Who wouldn't? He will be back. He just wants to sit down and talk through things with HCGM.

Comment

• Eh. He’s a kid.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                So, what's your gut? He coming back?
                He is nowhere to be found on this list.

Get the latest NBA Draft prospect rankings from CBS Sports. Find out where your favorite all stacks up against the 2024 class and view expert mock drafts.

So he is not going to get drafted, but he going to get valuable feedback on what he needs to work on so that he can be on this list either next year or the year after.

If he doesn't come back, then I guess he will get 3 years to play 2 and try and improve himself to be NBA material.

Comment

• This years circumstances are really unique. Any other year and the players would have all had a end of season face to face conference with the coach and only a couple, maybe three at the most would have transferred imo. It’s been a very strange March and April. It sounds to me like his mother has been a supporter of the fact that Dex, and her need to communicate with GM. It’s not a bad thing to clear the air through face to face communication by player, parent, and coach. I imagine instead of talking to GM, the players have been griping quite often this year amongst themselves, and possibly certain clicks or groups may have developed within the team culminating in negative results.
                  Last edited by Shockm; April 9, 2020, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
                    “If it’s not meant and then I have to come back to college, then me and coach, we still have to talk about some things. I’m going to put that out there.” Dennis says. “You know me, him and my mom, we will probably have to sit down and just discuss this past year and moving forward, of course, you know what I’m saying? But as of right now, I don’t know.”

Sheesh, DD has had some interesting quotes lately.
                    He and his mom should sit down and talk to coach. If there are questions they should be addressed. The coach let him take a LOA and welcomed him back. But whatever lead to the need to take time off probably need to be discussed and concluded sooner rather than later. Being seemingly non committal now Is better than saying what everyone wants to hear and later be called a liar. I believe he will be back. But if he honestly don’t know
                    right now. Then he don’t know. And I applaud the honesty.

Comment

• It seems his loyalty is with Stevenson. If it is, his decision has already been made.

Comment

• I wish Dexter the best in all that he does. He is my favorite player by far. I don’t not look forward to another season of uncertainty regarding a players desire to be at WSU. If after his NBA feedback he decides more college is needed I hope he goes all in. I get the feeling he doesn’t enjoy school or at least being at WSU.

Comment

• I get the feeling he will give it one more year in college and then he’s out, drafted or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                            It seems his loyalty is with Stevenson. If it is, his decision has already been made.
                            Very unsure about that but let him be and have faith.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post
                              I wish Dexter the best in all that he does. He is my favorite player by far. I don’t not look forward to another season of uncertainty regarding a players desire to be at WSU. If after his NBA feedback he decides more college is needed I hope he goes all in. I get the feeling he doesn’t enjoy school or at least being at WSU.
                              During the LOA, 3G said he was a straight A student.
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• I love Dex and have been a big supporter of him here on SN so this will not be easy for me to say and I'm sure I will be flamed on here for saying this:

First of all, he will not be drafted but I fully support him entering the draft to get recognized and get an evaluation of his game. As far as what happens once he is not drafted....imo HCGM needs to bring that to a head. I wouldn't like being held hostage.

You want to put your name in the draft and come back after your not drafted.....yeah, I'll ride with you on that. But you want to put your name in the draft and I am supposed to wait till June to find out if you are coming back to WSU after you are not drafted? Sorry, no thanks.

I love Dex but you have to be able to take the likely scenarios and make a plan for the future and there are still dozens of quality transfers out there but there will not be in June. I would not be willing to wait till June and roll the dice on a player who had already left the team four months ago.

I am not sure he has the leverage he thinks he does. Sure, he can transfer and sit out for a year. A lot of teams would come after him and I am sure they would love him as much as we do. But how dumb would that be? Enter the draft to get your name out there only to sit for a year in street clothes while your name fades into oblivion? He will also have people in his ear telling him about "alternate routes" but I would hate to see him bounce around in Europe and come back to the States at 29 or 30 with no more basketball and without a degree.

Dex is super athletic and long which can make him a pest to offensive players. He is a good shooter (better than he showed this year 35% / 34%) but when he gets into the paint his athleticism eludes him. I know he can fix that!

These stats are a little skewed because of his prolonged cold stretch which I think was an anomaly but:

Win-Shares - 6th on the team
                                Offensive Win-Shares - 6th on team
                                Defensive Win-Shares - 6th on team (this surprised me....I thought he would be top 3)
                                Box - Plus/Minus - 6th on the team
                                Per- 7th on team
                                TS% - 9th on team
                                EFG% - 10th on team
                                FREE THROW ATTEMPT RATE - 12TH ON TEAM (unacceptable for someone of his athleticism. He plays smaller and less athletic in the paint)
                                Rebound percentage - 8th on team
                                Steal Percentage - 11th on team
                                Turnover Percentage - 3rd on team
                                Points per 40 min - 6th on team

I don't really care if players transfer. The loyalty argument doesn't hold much weight with me considering coaches ask players who they recruited and later deem not good enough to find new schools. That said, those decisions should be made as early as possible so the player and or coach can make plans for their futures. The NBA notwithstanding, it is not right to handcuff a program till June.

Just my opinion. Sorry if it irritates and offends. Go Shockers.

If SN users feel like players read this forum, feel free to have the mods delete my post. I think really like Dex and would hate to hurt his feelings.....I really want him to come back.
                                Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; April 9, 2020, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X