Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockerofandover0943 View Post
    Yes
    Yes she is the mother. And a good strong one from what I have read. I reminded of an old saying that my parents would tell me when I was a teenager growing up. " If your friend John jumps off a bridge are you going to do it too?" And then they would look at me like I was stupid for even thinking of following John. I got the message real quick.

No doubt that DD friends and roomates transferring has not been pleasant. Its been a tough 3 weeks. But you know, got to do what is best for you. Who knows , the NBA scouts may say Dexter is ready to play NBA and is a 1st round draft choice. They did for Landry but I think Landry had more overall skills than Dex. Landry Shamet certainly could handle the ball better. IMO I think Dex still has some skills he needs to work on before going to the NBA. But lets let the scouts tell him. He earned the right to try out and he deserves it. It has been his dream. And Coach M supports the move.

I do think that if DD comes back to WSU next season he could have a better year. For one thing he will get to play with true legitimate point guards. Guards that know how to get him the ball and give it to him where he can score. For example AG for UCONN had an off season by his standards and he still had 113 assists. JB had 102, GS had 87, and ES had 70. Craig Porter had 235 assists. WOW There is a world of difference when you play with true point guards that are trying to win games and believe in the TEAM as compared to selfish players that are more interested in how many minutes they get and what their stats are. Go Shocks.

Comment

Not to knock the kid, because he's a good athlete who hits the glass and can stroke it when he's hot.

But guys in the NBA, up to 6'9", routinely can go and get their own shot. That's why they're pro's. If Dex stays 2 more years and devotes himself to getting better every single day it's possible.

Comment

Guess it just depends on how much he listens to his buddy Erik. No doubt Erik is probably pretty supportive of Dex leaving. We will see. I hope he is back, but at this point we just need to make sure the guys that ARE here are 100% on board and ready to go.

I personally feel it is a good sign that Dex hasn't entered the transfer portal yet. So I am leaning towards him coming back to WSU after testing the NBA waters. I am not gonna spend too much time worrying about it though. In the end he is gonna do what we wants to do.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Dex, I’ll save you some time and energy.

“You needs to play in an offense with a PG that knows how to run an offense. You will get that next year.”

Comment

If Dexter thinks he only needs 1 more year of fine tuning his game before turning pro he will not transfer out of Wichita State unless and until he is sure he does not have to sit out a year if he transfers. Maybe he is just biding his time until the NCAA makes that decision before he definitively rules out transferring.

The only Transfer Portal “deadlines” that may arise are normal enrollment periods and other eligibility guidelines that apply to all student-athletes. Players can enter or remove their names from the portal at any time.

If the NCAA approves the 1st time transfer rules as proposed their are 4 criteria that must be met:
            • Receive a transfer release from their previous school.
            • Leave their previous school academically eligible.
            • Maintain their academic progress at the new school.
            • Leave under no disciplinary suspension.
            I don't know if the transfer release can be conditional and exclude certain schools or not or it has just either an unconditional release or a no release. I doubt many coaches want to stop a player from transferring as they my cause more harm then good but if you suspect a player has been tampered with prior to entering the portal that might be something to consider although it might be hard to establish. It will be interesting to see how that plays out if the new rule does pass.

Will 3G be willing to give Erik Stevenson a release. I think he probably would. I think I would but Erik's dad has made his situation pretty egregious and if Erik and/or his dad have been contacting WSU recruits to try to convince them to not play at WSU then I don't know. That may be a step to far.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 4, 2020, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              If Dexter thinks he only needs 1 more year of fine tuning his game before turning pro he will not transfer out of Wichita State unless and until he is sure he does not have to sit out a year if he transfers. Maybe he is just biding his time until the NCAA makes that decision before he definitively rules out transferring.
              I'm sure he misses his friends and didn't like the way the year ended. Wichita, Gregg Marshall, and the fans did all we could for Dexter this year, and cheered for nothing except his success, even when he went through hard times. Dexter's mind is on the NBA at this time, as it should be, and he will be fine when the uncertainty plays out for next year and he sees he needs to have another year of Div. 1 basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I'm sure he misses his friends and didn't like the way the year ended. Wichita, Gregg Marshall, and the fans did all we could for Dexter this year, and cheered for nothing except his success, even when he went through hard times. Dexter's mind is on the NBA at this time, as it should be, and he will be fine when the uncertainty plays out for next year and he sees he needs to have another year of Div. 1 basketball.
                I to am leaning towards he will be back if the NBA doesn't work out this year (and I don't think it will) but he is clearly keeping his options open which is probably wise on his part because he can't be exactly sure what his options are in terms of having to it out if he transfers,

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

He misses his friends I'm sure... But not like he can transfer and get them back. I seriously doubt he would consider moving all the way to Washington. Udeze was his next closest friend it seems and he seems to be looking at NE schools

Comment

My point is that he’s uncertain and perhaps confused about the future but most of his energy is going into his NBA aspirations at this time. He will come around. It’s strange because no one is on campus and won’t be for much or all of the summer.

Comment

So who is this Cory piece of garbage?

@CoryDPatterson1

Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; April 4, 2020, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Based on the rest off the rest their Twitter history, probably someone I don’t want to know.
                        The Assman

Comment

I think perhaps it’s the woman in the ..um pink hat. She seems nice.

Comment

Here.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                              Here.
                              It's Marla Hooch. What a hitter!

Comment

Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
                                So who is this Cory piece of garbage?
                                A Pelosi fan-girl. Does meth and lives in park city. Graduated from ku.

Comment

Working...
                                X