No announcement yet.

Dexter Dennis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His chances of being drafted are 'slim and none' and slim just left town. As crazy as things have been, he'll probably sign with an agent today and get drafted in the first round.

If it happens, I'll just say thanks Dex and...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      His chances of being drafted are 'slim and none' and slim just left town. As crazy as things have been, he'll probably sign with an agent today and get drafted in the first round.

If it happens, I'll just say thanks Dex and...

Social Distancing may make signing with an agent difficult

How and when will these "tryouts" work with the covid-19 restrictions?
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        The more I think about it, the more I think Dex may test well at the NBA evaluation. He’s really good at the measurables and the individual drills. He’s the athletic freak that make NBA teams drool. Fred went to the evaluation and did not test and measure up to NBA standards, and therefore was not drafted. Dexter, on the other hand, has to be in an actual game setting to see his real flaws. Just thinking out loud here.
        Are they even doing the in person evaluations and measurements this year?

Comment

Unfortunately for Dex, I'm not sure what utility this has for him in this year. I've been doing some reading on it, like this article, for example:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-draft-p...191501916.html

As I understand it, there are a limited number of agents that are approved by the NCAA and NBA who can mediate the discussion between the NBA teams and college players on the fence. This number is around 23, and they are all guys who already have healthy books of clients. Given the current situation right now, most of these agents aren't taking new non-lottery-pick-calibre clients because all the agents' time is being spent taking care of their existing clients who are demanding a lot more of their attention.

So a college player is left either doing it on his own without an agent (where he will gain next to no information because there won't be any combine or workouts and all the teams will have go to by is game tape), or the player goes with a non-approved agent, which forfeits his NCAA eligibility.
          Last edited by rjl; April 3, 2020, 12:14 PM.
          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Dex needs to work on his handles. Put a blindfold on him and have him dribble as many times as he can within a minute at a varied heights. Rinse and repeat with the off hand.

Add in crossover dribbles, between the legs, and others as his reps increase in the allotted time.

Then add a defender who is trying to steal the ball, when he has reached his individual goals.

If Dex can work on his handles, that is by far his biggest obstacle, IMO.

Comment

agreed with most analysis. i don't think that he is ready, but rather he's on his way. hopefully he gets there sooner than later. i see this as no more than a stop along the way to make sure he's on track with his progression.

keep getting better and see you in the fall dex..

Comment

But wouldn't that entail going to workouts with teams and being observed by those team officials/coaches. Tough to do in the foreseeable current environment.
                Sorry only noticed the posting of rjl and going back to reread

Comment

New article from Taylor on Dex

Potentially, concerning quote

It’s likely Dennis will be back in college for his junior season, but will that be at Wichita State? McQuirter and WSU head coach Gregg Marshall both believe so, but Dennis said Friday he has yet to make a final decision on that, either.

“I don’t know right now for sure,” Dennis said. “I haven’t really even thought about it. Right now I’m kind of putting all of my time and energy into this NBA process. It’s still something that I will have to sit down with my family and the closest people in my circle and discuss.”
                  Guess this is the world of college sports now.
                  The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                    New article from Taylor on Dex

Potentially, concerning quote

Guess this is the world of college sports now.
                    Yea.. wasn't real happy with that comment BUT it says both coach AND Dexters mom expect he will be back at WSU. He figures to be the focal point of the offense and unless the waiver thing passes, I can see sitting out a year would help his draft stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yea.. wasn't real happy with that comment BUT it says both coach AND Dexters mom expect he will be back at WSU. He figures to be the focal point of the offense and unless the waiver thing passes, I can see sitting out a year would help his draft stock.
                      Well....... that sure doesn't make me overly optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Well....... that sure doesn't make me overly optimistic.
                        It's gotta make you pretty optimistic.

Comment

I don’t have the Article, who is McQuirter. Is that Dexters mom?

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                            I don’t have the Article, who is McQuirter. Is that Dexters mom?
                            Yes

Comment

Why a second Article on the same subject?

Comment

He will be back and better than ever. I know he has great potential to be a pro and needs to compete to find out what is necessary for him to reach that dream. Show scouts just how athletically special he is and get his name on the radar.

Comment

Working...
                                X