No announcement yet.

NCAA Tourney Games In Empty Arenas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course I hope we make the dance but if there were ever a year to have your bubble burst there's no better time than the present. It's just not going to be the same with empty arenas.

Comment

At least fans can still attend the bare knuckle fights at Intrust. lol

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
        ”...and some family members can attend...”

Reminds me of that one MASH episode with the new Officers Club...

”this is Radar, he’s been like a son to me.” This is Klinger, he’s been like a daughter...”
        So Dexter do want some old white people for your parents this week? We will meet you in Ft Worth if that works for you.

Comment

I hope they go full-on panic and have the NCAA selection show in a bubble. "It's Moors, not Moops."

Comment

This could work to the advantage of the P5 teams that play in empty arenas all season. They'll be used to the deafening silence.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Per Taylor Eldridge, AAC officials are discussing this now after being blindsided by the NCAA announcement. The AAC had already announced restricted locker room access, possibly as a sort of "we're doing something" PR move -- which makes me think they were planning on going forward until the NCAA or City of Fort Worth or State of Texas tells them they can't. Big XII and SEC were on record as holding the tourney as planned.
              “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Actually, it's kind of funny a year KU will be the #1 overall seed in KC, they will have ZERO fan advantage.
                The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                  Of course I hope we make the dance but if there were ever a year to have your bubble burst there's no better time than the present. It's just not going to be the same with empty arenas.
                  The arena's were empty for the first weekend anyway. The pain won't be felt till the 2nd week.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Yeah, empty NIT arenas just seem borderline worthless at this point.
                    So just a normal NIT game not in Wichita?

Comment

Feel bad for those host cities and their businesses

Comment

The economic hardship is going to be GREAT for all those businesses that were looking for the income. The concession workers are really going to lose out as well. The schools that participate won't get as much revenue unless the NCAA loosens the pursestrings. We have all suffered financially already through this...don't thingk we haven't...and more pain is coming. What I don't get is why we didn't panic this badly over the Swine Flu in 2009---over 14,000 people died with that one. Over 20,000 have died with the "regular" flu this season. Why isn't there the hysteria over those cases? Oh, right...never mind.
                        Last edited by Singeril; March 11, 2020, 05:52 PM.

Comment

nm

Comment

Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
                            Feel bad for those host cities and their businesses
                            If the ACC pulls the plug, We’re still going to go, we’ll miss the few hours in the arena but spending money at bars and restaurants that have put much effort into planning fan experiences. This is USA, DO WHAT YOU WANT!
                            Everyone who shows with a ticket made a choice to attend and I suspect ticket takers, vendors and security would have plenty of volunteers to work the venue.
                            Shield the players if needed by blocking the first 3-4 rows of seats for a buffer. There are work around.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              When are they going to cancel fans for the American Tournament?
                              When it is as inconvenient as a possible for the fans Im guessing

Comment

Hopefully, a decision today so I don't drive down tomorrow and have an unpleasant surprise.

Comment

Working...
                                X