Clear All

• Wichita State vs Tulsa Pre-Game Discussion

Description: WICHITA STATE VS TULSA
    When: MAR 8 (SUN) 3:00 P.M.
    Where: WICHITA, KAN. CHARLES KOCH ARENA
    Radio: KEYN 103.7 FM https://keyn.radio.com/
    TV: CBS SPORTS NETWORK

Summary:
    This is the return game with the Tulsa Golden Hurricane this season, where the Hurricanes won the first one 54-51. Tulsa is currently 23-9 overall, 13-4 AAC (1st). National rankings include NET #75 with a Q1/Q2 record of 6-7. Their best win is against NET #20 Houston at home by 2 points on January 11th. Tulsa clinched at least a share of the American on Thursday when UConn knocked off Houston, 77-71, in Storrs. The Hurricane can wrap up the title to themselves if they’re able to beat Wichita State and Houston loses to Memphis on Sunday. The Golden Hurricane are led by Brandon Rachal and Martins Igbanu. Rachal is averaging 12 points and 5.6 rebounds while Igbanu is putting up 13.4 points and 5.1 rebounds per game

Odd Makers:
    Vegas: WSU by 7.0
    DRatings: WSU 76% by 8.0
    ESPN: WSU 77%
    INCCSTATS: WSU 71% by 6.0
    KenPom: WSU 74% by 7.0
    Massey: WSU 73% by 7.0
    Nolan: WSU 6.0
    Sagarin: WSU by 7.3
    Torvik: WSU 74% by 5.7
    Wilson: WSU 67% by 8.0
    Shocks Win by 10+
    26.19%
    Shocks Win by 5+
    26.19%
    Shocks Win by 1+
    7.14%
    Toss Up - Could Go Either Way
    21.43%
    Shocks Lose by 1+
    2.38%
    Shocks Lose by 5+
    9.52%
    Shocks Lose by 10+
    7.14%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by WuShock Reaper; March 7, 2020, 06:19 PM. Reason: Updated Prediction Estimate

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
      Annoying. I love how Cincy and Tulsa improved as the season went on and we stayed the same or got worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Annoying. I love how Cincy and Tulsa improved as the season went on and we stayed the same or got worse.
        With lots of new players or coaches too
        The Assman

Comment

You never want to say a game is a must win, but if there ever was one, this is it. The Shox need to go on a three game winning streak or you can say hello to the NIT.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Tulsa improved by playing a creampuff schedule.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

WSU by 23.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Okay Shocks you have a great opportunity to make a bunch of us keyboard warriors look like idiots. As Captain Picard would say "make it so"! It's now or never.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                  sad that they had to go the handicap route to get their first conference championship... but they beat us at their place and have some other nice pieces. props.. when i saw them play boise in december at home my buddy and i thought that there was no way they’d win 6 conference games - even with the weaker schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

sad that they had to go the handicap route to get their first conference championship... but they beat us at their place and have some other nice pieces. props.. when i saw them play boise in december at home my buddy and i thought that there was no way they’d win 6 conference games - even with the weaker schedule.
                    I don’t disagree but a conference title is the same regardless of who you play. We need to start beating Cincy and Houston though.

Comment

curious as to what the line is gonna be

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Tulsa improved by playing a creampuff schedule.
                        It is embarrassing for this league and the several teams clearly better than them for them to be champions. Their league schedule strength was ranked 12th out of 12 teams. Perhaps the most undeserved league title ever.

Comment

Agree, but we need to add a blemish to it

Comment

Well, going forward with an 11 team conference, every team can look forward to the potential 20-game round robin conference schedule.

Find a true champion.
                            The Assman

Comment

Tulsa's 328th ranked non-con SOS is irrelevant to them winning the AAC. I can't fault a team for playing the schedule the conference laid out for them and it's not like they sucked out a championship by beating nobody in conference. They've gone 4 - 2 against the top 5 teams in the AAC while we have gone 2 - 6. Kudos to them.

Comment

Working...
                              X