March Mad and corona virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March Mad and corona virus

https://sports.yahoo.com/advocacy-gr...191719807.html I would hate to see this happen.... but it just might.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Do we avoid daily life because of the common respiratory flu?

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      We probably should in some cases.

For starters, Fast food workers.

Comment

Let's all just settle down.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Screw it. Everybody including players in surgical masks!

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
            Screw it. Everybody including players in surgical masks!
            Hazmat suits ..... thought I would be funny and post a pic but went to to site and omg they're all sold out. https://pksafety.com/hazmat-suits/
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

The odds of catching the coronavirus in the U.S. is about 0%. You have better chance of catching the flu.

Comment

18,000 US citizens died last year because of the flu. I never once heard the word "pandemic". Don't even get me started on the stock market and giddiness of the media. We are living in an insane time.

Comment

There is a lot of unknown... If you go just by reported deaths and illnesses, the coronavirus is about ten times as deadly as flu. The problem there is the suspicion there may have been a lot of milder unreported illness which would lower that eye boggling percent. Right now they seem to be having some success slowing it down but it will arrive eventually. Viruses are no respectors of border walls.

Comment

Meanwhile, 40,000 Americans died in automobile accidents last year and I'm not overly concerned about getting behind the wheel of a car. There are plenty of things in our world to be concerned about, but the virus hasn't cracked my top 100 list yet.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      18,000 US citizens died last year because of the flu. I never once heard the word "pandemic". Don't even get me started on the stock market and giddiness of the media. We are living in an insane time.
                      Because the flu is not a epidemic. There is even a flu vaccine, and even when the vaccine is not a good match still provides a measure of protection. If the Coronavirus becomes a epidemic, the death number will be in the millions.

For a majority of Americans it will be minor hiccup. For small minority, those who have issue with their immunity system, you are older person, especially ones with preexisting heart conditions, diabetes and/ or respiratory issues will be in a battle.
                      Last edited by SB Shock; February 29, 2020, 07:34 PM.

Comment

WuDrWu youre obviously educated on the subject... I work in banking and everyone is losing their collective minds. Is this anything to worry about? I’m reading 2x the death rate of the common flu, and virus that is mutating rapidly.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                          Many countries literally are. We are fortunate here right now. Obviously it’s easy to overstate things and drive up fear, but at the same time, the easiest time to stop it is now. As someone with a baby on the way very soon and living in an area with a few reported cases already, I am very thankful for the officials and everyone that is taking this seriously to help contain it, even if the severity is in some cases overstated.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                            The odds of catching the coronavirus in the U.S. is about 0%. You have better chance of catching the flu.
                            Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                            Hazmat suits ..... thought I would be funny and post a pic but went to to site and omg they're all sold out. https://pksafety.com/hazmat-suits/
                            So is your chance of being shot by an intruder or paying taxes on an inheritance.
                            I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

Wichita State announces plans for summer & fall semesters - KAKE News

WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) -
                              Posted: May 07, 2020 5:04 PM CDT

Wichita State will re-open its campus on May 26th, university officials announced today.

The re-opening phase will run from May 26th through July 31st. Classes will remain in an online/remote format. Gatherings are limited to a maximum of 30 people. Students, faculty and visitors are expected to wear masks and protective wear unless walking alone outdoors or working alone in a personal office space.

For the fall semester, class formats haven't been determined. There will be some in person classes. Gatherings will be limited to 90 people. Students and faculty should continue to wear masks and classrooms, common areas and public spaces will be disinfected daily.

Comment

Working...
                              X