NCAA Pre-Buy for Season Ticket Holders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Pre-Buy for Season Ticket Holders

Coming up on Monday, at least for my SASO level. Maybe it is the same date across the board, dunno.

Those of you that did this last time for purely speculative reasons, did you find a nice ROI?

Don't get to pick the seat locations, so it is a complete crapshoot in that regard.

Just trying to figure out if I want to kiss goodbye to a decent chunk of change for 12 months.

Well theoretically if WSU is really good, and can make the NCAA then they could play here in Wichita (AAC would take over as host). Otherwise it becomes do u like watching NCAA tournament games live that u may or may not have a vested interest in. I thought WSU did a great job running the last time. It was like a massive block party.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      Well theoretically if WSU is really good, and can make the NCAA then they could play here in Wichita (AAC would take over as host.
      Nope. Wichita State is the host and will stay the host. Back when Wichita hosted in 2018, Darron said that he wasn’t interested in pulling any stunts to switch up the hosting so that WSU could play here. That’s probably an easy way to never get picked to host again.

78-65

Comment

I even heard favorable comments from Johnson County Beaker fans about their time in Wichita... they complimented the block party, Intrust Bank Arena and said Wichita was a good host. Shock the monkey...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I bought tickets last time around and sold them for a nice profit. Kluck fans didn't like getting gouged by WSU fans but it didn't stop them from paying up. In fact I've bought tickets to several tournament locations and have always at least made my money back. I've had a much better ROI selling tickets vs the stock market.
          Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

I'd rather buy tickets for the Dallas, Texas site. If WSU makes it that's probably where we would land. I went last time we hosted here in Wichita and it was fun to watch man bun and Houston play. KU wasn't as exciting as i'd expect. I used to be a huge fan back in the Roy Williams days as a kid. Hopefully one day the American will host like the Big 12 conference is doing in Dallas at the American Airlines Center. I'd love to see the Shockers play in Wichita for the NCCA tourney!
            Shocker Alumni
            Shocker Club Soccer alumni
            Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Nope. Wichita State is the host and will stay the host. Back when Wichita hosted in 2018, Darron said that he wasn’t interested in pulling any stunts to switch up the hosting so that WSU could play here. That’s probably an easy way to never get picked to host again.
              What, a stunt like North Carolina and Duke regularly pull so they can play essentially two home games in the tournament. Who with half a brain wouldn't pull that stunt. It certainly hasn't hurt their chances of hosting future games.

Comment

WSU was the host with the MVC as the alternate. And he explicitly said that they could not change it to the AAC and the MVC wasn’t going to do any favors to favors to WSU.

Who do you think is the host for KC? It KU and if ku is good then the big 12.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  Coming up on Monday, at least for my SASO level. Maybe it is the same date across the board, dunno.

Those of you that did this last time for purely speculative reasons, did you find a nice ROI?

Don't get to pick the seat locations, so it is a complete crapshoot in that regard.

Just trying to figure out if I want to kiss goodbye to a decent chunk of change for 12 months.
                  I went last time it was here and it was a blast for the first day. WSU lost the next day and i lost all interest in the tournament so I sold the second day on StubHub. Got over face value for the entire package by just selling the single session so it made my weekend free.

With that said.. when did they email you? I haven't gotten anything yet and have been watching. If it's not a one time code thing.. send me a PM please :)

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

What, a stunt like North Carolina and Duke regularly pull so they can play essentially two home games in the tournament. Who with half a brain wouldn't pull that stunt. It certainly hasn't hurt their chances of hosting future games.
                    UNC and Duke are never the hosts though when the bids are made. It’s always the ACC or UNC Charlotte or someone like that. NEVER UNC or Duke. Do they benefit? Sure. But they are not the HOST when the bids are made. That’s the difference.

Same with KU. They never HOST in KC. The Big 12 takes care of that from the start.

I am certainly not opposed to someone else taking the lead with a Wichita bid so that WSU can stay home, but until then, WSU will go elsewhere when the NCAA Tournament comes to town.

78-65

Comment

Yeah, I'm neither talking about watching WSU here (which as others have mentioned won't be a thing) or even really watching the games myself. I'm just looking at this from a speculative, investment side of things. It's generally thought that having an avenue to buy NCAA tourney tickets as a first line buyer can make for a nice profit on the secondary market. I'm just looking for that "market data" as it were.

I've spent a good bit on WSU season tickets and SASO through the years, and so this is really just a way to recoup actual dollars, in a roundabout manner. Not that I buy WSU tickets in the first place with the thought of earning a return or anything. Access to the NCAA tickets is just a fringe benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I went last time it was here and it was a blast for the first day. WSU lost the next day and i lost all interest in the tournament so I sold the second day on StubHub. Got over face value for the entire package by just selling the single session so it made my weekend free.

With that said.. when did they email you? I haven't gotten anything yet and have been watching. If it's not a one time code thing.. send me a PM please :)
                        Got the email on Thursday. Looks like it uses my email addy, and a link in the email they sent me, to make it work. Email came from IBA and Select-a-Seat. Link in the email goes to an NCAA page that basically says the sale hasn't started yet, and a bunch of other legalese. No pricing at all.
                        Last edited by SHOCKvalue; February 29, 2020, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                          I bought tickets last time around and sold them for a nice profit. Kluck fans didn't like getting gouged by WSU fans but it didn't stop them from paying up. In fact I've bought tickets to several tournament locations and have always at least made my money back. I've had a much better ROI selling tickets vs the stock market.
                          Thanks for the info in the PM!

Comment

Here’s something else to keep in mind.

If KU gets its just punishment (I know, I know...not holding my breath...), then the Beakers could be banned from the tournament next year. As much as I would enjoy that, that would also play a big factor in WSU fans’ ability to flip tickets for a profit.
                            78-65

Comment

Here’s something else to keep in mind.

If KU gets its just punishment (I know, I know...not holding my breath...), then the Beakers could be banned from the tournament next year. As much as I would enjoy that, that would also play a big factor in WSU fans’ ability to flip tickets for a profit.
                              So what I hear you saying is that I should max out my buy allotment of 8 tickets on the reasonable assumption that KU will be in Wichita come March 2021.

Comment

Working...
                              X