No announcement yet.

WSU vs USU Pregame and Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As an Aggie fan, all I will say is that it was a blast to have you guys in The Spectrum a couple of years ago and as much as I would have liked to see the return game happen last year, I can understand why coach Marshall wanted no part of it and opted for this year. We loved coach Marshall's post game comments after playing in The Spectrum regarding the fans and student section in particular and we know you have quite the raucous venue as well. I'm sure coach Morrill will have similar praise for Shocker Nation after this game.

That being said..... please, please try to keep it to less than a 30 point victory! We are really not good this year - our worst team in 15 years by a landslide.

I also want to mention that I have enjoyed the fact that our schools are forever linked, though it is through a tragic event. Both sides have really gone out of their way to honor those that lost their lives that tragic day.

P.S.
    Thank you for beating the hell out of the obnoxious Rebels.

Comment

Originally posted by aglicious View Post
      As an Aggie fan, all I will say is that it was a blast to have you guys in The Spectrum a couple of years ago and as much as I would have liked to see the return game happen last year, I can understand why coach Marshall wanted no part of it and opted for this year. We loved coach Marshall's post game comments after playing in The Spectrum regarding the fans and student section in particular and we know you have quite the raucous venue as well. I'm sure coach Morrill will have similar praise for Shocker Nation after this game.

That being said..... please, please try to keep it to less than a 30 point victory! We are really not good this year - our worst team in 15 years by a landslide.

I also want to mention that I have enjoyed the fact that our schools are forever linked, though it is through a tragic event. Both sides have really gone out of their way to honor those that lost their lives that tragic day.

P.S.
      Marshall ducked the game last year? We were told it was a BB thing so that BB would be a home-and-away each year, instead of 2 homes followed by 2 aways each year.

Plus, Marshall was looking for games to bump SoS last year. Before the season started, we could look at the schedule and see that we had to beat UConn to have a realistic shot at an at-large bid. I think Marshall would have done anything in his power to get a quality team in to Wichita last year.

If it actually was Marshall's decision, I'd be surprised.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

yep I'm not sure who told you Marshall avoided the game last year. It was a BB thing, just like VCU didn't get returned this year, rather next. Last thing WSU would do is try to avoid a top 50 game at home. Those are somewhat hard to come by. Besides WSU wasn't chopped liver last year either, why would he have avoided a home game that could have helped put them in?

Comment

Originally posted by aglicious View Post

P.S.
          Welcome to our board, however,.....not!!! Marshall, WSU, and it fans welcome anybody, anytime, to Koch arena. As @Aargh: said, this was not our option as the BB format was changed. We badly needed a solid RPI game at home last year.

Comment

Between everything Utah State loses, both to graduation and injury, and us being at home this should be a win by a decent margin for us. As mentioned in another thread, we have dominated the boards this season against some good rebounding teams and we should have a major size advantage inside. While a big blowout isn't impossible (especially after what we saw in the UNLV game), Utah State has too good of a coach for me to expect that to happen. I'll hazard a guess at:

Wichita State: 75
            Utah State: 62
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
              yep I'm not sure who told you Marshall avoided the game last year. It was a BB thing, just like VCU didn't get returned this year, rather next. Last thing WSU would do is try to avoid a top 50 game at home. Those are somewhat hard to come by. Besides WSU wasn't chopped liver last year either, why would he have avoided a home game that could have helped put them in?
              especially now when it looks like Utah St. will have a negative impact on the WSU rpi.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                especially now when it looks like Utah St. will have a negative impact on the WSU rpi.
                What is their rpi?

Comment

Sorry, wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers but both coaches made comments about the return game shortly after we played last time. I'm also not saying WSU or coach Marshall was "ducking" anyone. The teams have the right to play the return BB game the next year or delay it for two years. I understand trying to balance the home and away BB schedule so it makes perfect sense. My comment was more based on the fact that coach Morrill proposed the return game for last year and coach Marshall's response was pretty funny - he said something like "I think our slate will be magically full" or something to that effect. The two seemed to get along really well and I'm sure it was half joking and more based on scheduling....that was where my comment came from.

Yeah, sorry about the RPI hit you'll likely take as well. Like I said before, worst team in Stew Morrill's tenure. I don't think we have been beyond the top 50 in RPI in over a decade and now we are staring 200+ right in the face!

Comment

Gumby 79
                    Wild Bill 65

Comment

I seem to remember the decision to postpone the return game from 2010 BB for one year was mandatory and declared after the end of the season. Putting the VCU game off a year or playing this year was decided by the coaches

At least, that's how I recall it being presented. Does anyone else recall it that way?

Comment

Aggies - 81
                        Shox -- 63

Comment

Downtown has become very superstitious.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
                            What is their rpi?
                            213, expected to lower to about 190 by year end.

Comment

Shox by 12.

Home -- 68
                              Visitors -- 56
                              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

I think USU, much like Tulsa, will end up with a good team by years end. They just haven't met expectations yet. Hopefully the Shockers come out and D-up and execute on offense. We'll have two snoozers after this one, then MVC play starts at Bradley.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X