WSU vs USU Pregame and Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU vs USU Pregame and Predictions

Didn't see anything else and I figured it needed to be started.

This from the Alumni Association, touched on by ADES last evening at halftime.

They are looking for donations and recognition is LONG past due, so please consider.

Did I also hear someone was going to attempt to recreate Wild Bill at some point? Please tell me no.....

77 to 62 Shockers!
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

WSU 79
      USU 61

Comment

What an impressive home crowd they had many moons ago. Now they get a 'birds eye view' of coming into our house.

WSU-73
        USU--65
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

We better not takes these guys lightly, and i dont think we will
          WSU 73
          USU 60
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

That second half at Tulsa might be a season-saver. I think we're rolling now-

WSU 76,
            Utah State 64

Comment

Their message board. I particularly find their "How bad do we lose to Wichita St?" an interesting read.

Comment

I see our defense starting out better this game than it did in Tulsa. We also end up with 5 in double figures and possibly 6. One player gets a double-double. It could end up being Stutz. Or it could be Hall. Neither gets into foul trouble, so either one could get it.
                Wichita State
                Utah State

Comment

I expect WSU to handle Utah St and come away with another good win
                  Shockers 76
                  Utah St-61

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Didn't see anything else and I figured it needed to be started.

This from the Alumni Association, touched on by ADES last evening at halftime.

They are looking for donations and recognition is LONG past due, so please consider.

Did I also hear someone was going to attempt to recreate Wild Bill at some point? Please tell me no.....
                    Always leaves a lump in my throat. Thanks for sharing Doc.
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I respect the hell out of the Aggies. With that said, we're playing with some fire and they're not in a good place right now.

My favorite school in the whole wide world - 85

My favorite school on the west side of US - 66

I'm thinking we'll see Wessel and White get some PT this game.

Stutz and Hall will combine for 25 and 17.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Who do they have back from last year? What were their significant losses/additions from last year to this year? Where were they picked to finish in their conference?
                        Last edited by shock-it-to-me; December 9, 2011, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                          Who do they have back from last year? What were there significant losses/additions from last year to this year? Where were they picked to finish in their conference?
                          Most significantly, they lost Tai Wesley off of last year's team (leading scorer and rebounder at 14.8 & 8 a game). They also lost their 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 7th leading scorers from last year. In addition, their 5th leading scorer from last year and 2nd leading rebounder, Brady Jardine, is currently injured. (All told, the loss of those players amounts to an 83% loss of last year's scoring and 78% loss of last year's rebounding including the Jardine injury).

They return guard Brockeith Pane, who leads them in scoring this year and was second in scoring last year. In spite of leading the team in scoring, he is only shooting 36% from the field and 24% from 3. Sophomore guard Preston Medlin, who redshirted last year, and senior forward Morgan Grim are the only other players in double figures scoring. With Brady Jardine out, Grim is also the team's leading active rebounder.

They were picked 3rd in the WAC by the coaches and 1st by the media. Pane and Jardine were preseason all-conference picks and Pane was picked as preseason POY by the media.
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I love this comment off the Aggie board:

"I can't believe I'm actually reading this on an aggie message board. And I can't believe I actually agree. What is this world coming to?!"

Shocks - 79
                            Aggies - 65

Comment

Hatter is correct, we lost a ton.
                              2010-11 points
                              Wesley 502, graduated, playing in Europe
                              Pane 400, playing, but way below expectations so far this year
                              Green 357, graduated, went on LDS mission
                              Williams 294, graduated, playing in D-NBA (maybe was just cut, can't remember)
                              Jardine 254, foot injury - out for season
                              Newbold 232, graduated, playing in Europe (I think)
                              Bendall 203, graduated, played through foot pain, hung up the hightops

Initially, it appeared Jardine may return for this game, but since has been downgraded to hoping for Med Red.

We picked up
                              #13 Medlin (redshirted in '11) who scored 82 in 22 games in '10, but didn't play against WS - he's a shooter, struggling to find his stroke, but put up 26 at Idaho St - 8-11 from 3
                              #11 Thoseby - a Brit, via a prep school in Maine #15 Bruneel - College of Southern ID transfer (Soph)
                              #1 Clifford (redshirted in '11)

- still looking everyone to get up to speed - I expect a 10-12 point home team victory. Maybe my family and I can cheer them on to an upset!

Comment

Working...
                              X