Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

really??? 4300 people at the Tulsa game???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• really??? 4300 people at the Tulsa game???

....sorry if buried somewhere in a post, but I heard that today, maybe on Haertl's show...what's THAT about???

Do they hate Wojick that much?

Comment

Closer to 3,000.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Do they hate Wojick that much?
        From what I can tell, yes. Yes they do.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I don't get the hate the TU fans have for their coach. He has four or five 20 plus win season's in his 5 or 6 years at that program. Who do they think they are, Duke? They weren't part of the basketball elite prior to his hiring so what are they thinking? Oh well, I can't fault them if they want the very very best no matter how unattainable it is.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
            I don't get the hate the TU fans have for their coach. He has four or five 20 plus win season's in his 5 or 6 years at that program. Who do they think they are, Duke? They weren't part of the basketball elite prior to his hiring so what are they thinking? Oh well, I can't fault them if they want the very very best no matter how unattainable it is.
            According to their fans, he only beats cupcakes. I'd imagine that if Jank was still having 20+ win seasons, ISU fans would still get tired of him eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
              Here are the two problems I see with their desire to get rid of him.

1. A large part of it is their desire to see a more exciting brand of basketball. They are willing to overlook all the wins he has racked up because they are low scoring and that's just too boring to go watch, even when it's winning.

2. They seriously think that they are a better program than they actually are. They were claiming that the reason they lost to us is because of being way more talented than we are, Marshall out coaching Wojick overcame the talent disparity. I'm certainly not saying that Tulsa doesn't have some good talent or that they haven't beaten us out for some recruits over the past 5-10 years, but the claim that they are flat out more talented than us just doesn't seem true. There didn't appear to be a clear talent or athleticism difference in the game last night. If anything, we looked like the stronger, quicker team. But their belief that they are super, super talented lets them hold on to the idea that the coach is just holding them back.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I understand the style of play thing...........no way could I have sat through years of Jack Hartman's stuff. Turg was frustrating as well. Winning 54-52 is not all that entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                  Here are the two problems I see with their desire to get rid of him.

1. A large part of it is their desire to see a more exciting brand of basketball. They are willing to overlook all the wins he has racked up because they are low scoring and that's just too boring to go watch, even when it's winning.

2. They seriously think that they are a better program than they actually are. They were claiming that the reason they lost to us is because of being way more talented than we are, Marshall out coaching Wojick overcame the talent disparity. I'm certainly not saying that Tulsa doesn't have some good talent or that they haven't beaten us out for some recruits over the past 5-10 years, but the claim that they are flat out more talented than us just doesn't seem true. There didn't appear to be a clear talent or athleticism difference in the game last night. If anything, we looked like the stronger, quicker team. But their belief that they are super, super talented lets them hold on to the idea that the coach is just holding them back.
                  But...but...they're in CUSA and CUSA has real football, and CUSA is no longer included in ESPN's "mid-major" conference list, so that automatically means they're basketball team is better than any in the Valley - doesn't it?

Actually, I don't know if no longer being included as a "mid-major" is a good thing for CUSA - or what's about to be left of it. Mid-majors get a lot of publicity. BCS conferences get a lot of press. How much pub is a group of 3 conferences that don't fit into either category going to get? I think a decent "mid major" is going to get a lot more publicity and press than all but the absolute top end of the "quasi-majors" - or whatever they're called
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

That's what made me laugh when the radio guys kept saying 'hostile environment'.... yeah, for who?

Comment

Yea it was pretty sad, the Shocker fans were clearly louder than the TU fans. I almost felt sorry for them.
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Two years ago they had Jerome Jordan, Ben Uzoh and Justin Hurtt. They went 23-12, losing in the first round of the NIT to Kent St. That was a serious underachievement. Can you imagine what Marshall could have done with that trio of players?

It sounds like they are experiencing a Barry Hinson episode.

Comment

I made this comment last night on the Tulsa game thread, but since it now has its own thread:

This is really ashame. This is a pretty good squad who, before tonight, were 19 points over 5 losses from coming into this game undefeated. If you consider they lost a OT game to Mo St by 5, they were only 1 point from winning in regulation. That's just 3 points per game, with the largest margin at the end of regulation being 4 points. The 5 losses: OSU, Northwestern, ASU, Mo St, and St Joe's. That's not a cream puff schedule.

The TU fans should be the ones on notice here. Talk about fair weather fans. 4,000+ minus the Shocker fans is horrible for a program with its tradition and recent success with the current coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            I think a decent "mid major" is going to get a lot more publicity and press than all but the absolute top end of the "quasi-majors" - or whatever they're called
                            This would be a quasor which according to Professor Irwin Corey would be the polar opposite of a quasar. While a quasar is one of the most luminous obects in the universe a quasor is....well you get the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                              I'm certainly not saying that Tulsa doesn't have some good talent or that they haven't beaten us out for some recruits over the past 5-10 years, but the claim that they are flat out more talented than us just doesn't seem true. There didn't appear to be a clear talent or athleticism difference in the game last night. If anything, we looked like the stronger, quicker team. But their belief that they are super, super talented lets them hold on to the idea that the coach is just holding them back.
                              That when our first two options at the 5 had to sit and our third option came in and destroyed their offense proves your point nicely.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X