Tyson Etienne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Memphis is Kentucky Light. Preseason expectations every year solely due to recruiting stars. It has nothing to do with past success, or lack thereof.
    Or coaching

Comment

• I would have been happy for Tyson either way he went because it was his decision to make, but I gotta admit, I am trilled we have him back for at least one more year to enjoy the excitement he brings to the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

3 AAC in the Top 20 ... Though I do find it funny that the reason Memphis is ranked high according to them and expected to make the tourney instead of the NIT is because Penny didn't go to the NBA. I guess if you look at his track record of making the tourney rather than just the NIT it makes sense..... Oh wait.
        Addition of Larry Brown apparently not mentioned...the guy may be nothing more than an elderly skit chaser at this point but there is also the possibility that he is still a good coach and a positive addition to the coaching staff.

Comment

• Question for everyone. Is TE more valuable to the team as a PG or a SG? Interested in your
          opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

Addition of Larry Brown apparently not mentioned...the guy may be nothing more than an elderly skit chaser at this point but there is also the possibility that he is still a good coach and a positive addition to the coaching staff.
            Larry has coached at UCLA, Kansas and SMU. He managed to get all 3 programs in trouble with the NCAA. Yes he wins, but the schools pay the price for his cheating after he bolts for greener pastures.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
              Question for everyone. Is TE more valuable to the team as a PG or a SG? Interested in your
              opinions.
              PG next year, IMO. Tyson is an NBA caliber player and we need the ball in his hands.

Comment

Question for everyone. Is TE more valuable to the team as a PG or a SG? Interested in your
                opinions.
                I think the answer to this question depends less on Tyson and more on the other players on the team. How good is your best pg who is not Tyson? How good is your best sg who is not Tyson? Tyson will be most valuable at the position where our second option is worse. Hopefully worse in this case is just a gradation of good. If the backup options are equally good, I'd say pg because, as Dan said, you want your best player to have the ball in his hands as much as possible.
                Last edited by The Mad Hatter; July 8, 2021, 10:39 PM.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

opinions.
                  Yes. He is more valuable to the team as a PG or a SG.
                  Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Time will tell.

Comment

• If he's the best point then he'll play the point. He hasn't really shown that yet, but that doesn't mean he can't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

My only prediction is that this will be only ONE OF MANY combinations of Shocker lineups this year that will play in games. I hope and I think there will be many combinations that play, and more than not, combinations will be to keep guys fresh defensively, and not be overly concerned about fouls (for almost all of our players). Defense will be a main driver of combinations except in certain points of the game (for example before half or the end of the game) situations.

10 guys will play and many combinations will occur with only a select few players like Tyson getting 25+ minutes.

This portion of a basketball article sums up my POV on who plays and when. It totally has to do with analytics, and how all players fit into the "total team picture"

"Pomeroy understands coaches’ greatest fear: that the team will get off to a bad start without its best players in. If that happens, the coach immediately opens himself up to criticism that could have been completely avoided if he’d crafted his starting lineup a more typical way. College basketball is changing quickly, though, with coaches more willing now to put themselves out there if it means capitalizing on a small edge. Alabama coach Nate Oats, in particular, spoke openly last year about how he rarely starts his best five players, looking instead to put players in a position where he can boost overall production."

Gregg Marshall was a "Master" of using analytics, and I think that IB learned from him. It's not always who scores the most. It's often a mixture about who can score and who gives the most effort. How to achieve the best outcome.
                        The points for vs points against is to be maximized. That's the goal.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

The points for vs points against is to be maximized. That's the goal.
                          Absolutely.

GGG simplified in the same manner: When so-and-so is in what direction does the score go?

Comment

• Anyone seen Tyson.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                              Anyone seen Tyson.
                              I asked my daughter if she saw him at the back to school BBQ for athletes today. She said she did not, but that only 8 or so players were there. So, who knows. School starts Monday though so I would imagine he is back or will be in the next day or so.
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

I asked my daughter if she saw him at the back to school BBQ for athletes today. She said she did not, but that only 8 or so players were there. So, who knows. School starts Monday though so I would imagine he is back or will be in the next day or so.
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X