Tyson Etienne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    If Tyson were to get the same type of draft buzz that Landry got, it would make sense for him to go and I'd wish him well. Given his shorter stature, I think the NBA will want to see more proven pg play out him for him to move into the clearly draftable range, so I think that he will have far more reason to return following his soph. season than Landry did.
    Landry would have been returning to a team facing a pretty large rebuild also ...

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Seriously?

Sheesh. I don't know what "it" is, but this fine forum and society in general needs less of whatever it is that made you say that.

shock hardly needs my defense, but he's consistently one of the most informed posters on this site.
      I'll stand by comment.

3 hours ago he posted Tyson won't leave unless he's a first round pick. 2 hours later he posts Tyson won't leave unless he's a top 15 pick, but currently believes he's projected end of the first round (zero evidence available publicly to support this).

At the very least one of the 2 recent comments were misinformed and inaccurate. He posted as if they were facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Seriously?

Sheesh. I don't know what "it" is, but this fine forum and society in general needs less of whatever it is that made you say that.

shock hardly needs my defense, but he's consistently one of the most informed posters on this site.

Hahahahahahahah

Thank you for the laugh doc. It's cheap medicine. Paging kel on aisle 6 please.

Namaste
        Last edited by ShockingButTrue; June 8, 2021, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
          I think if he isn’t a top 15 pick he stays. I think he is a late first at this point.
          Did you know 1st round picks have guaranteed contracts? Why would he turn that down, if projected, and come back just to risk an injury? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Comment

• I've looked at about a half dozen NBA big boards and ESPN's is the only one that even has Tyson listed and on that one he is #84 (well out of the second round). Obviously the media evaluations may differ dramatically from that of NBA teams, but in Tyson's case the difference would have to be massive for him to be even remotely sniffing the first round.

Landry was projected better by NBA teams than by media big boards, but he was still way, way higher on those boards than Tyson current is. Here is a sampling for Landry:

ESPN: 36
            The Ringer: 38
            SI: 50

Going #26 obviously means that he out-performed those projections, but not wildly. He was a consensus top 50 prospect whereas Tyson is currently not even consensus top 100. Maybe that changes with workouts and Tyson getting a chance to show NBA teams what he can do, but if things don't change he is best off coming back.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• one would think that if he can come back, and show PG skills, that his stock improves

Comment

• People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Comment

• Late first round projection could realistically mean he slips to the 2nd with no guarantee. You gotta come back if your not in the top 15-20

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      one would think that if he can come back, and show PG skills, that his stock improves
                      or not?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Did you know 1st round picks have guaranteed contracts? Why would he turn that down, if projected, and come back just to risk an injury? That makes no sense whatsoever.
                        The reason I say that is because NBA draft picks are significantly devalued by teams. Very few drafts are a full 30 players deep. The further a player goes in the draft, the more likely he is to spend time in the G league. The money is the same, but the wear and tear is more.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

No. shock is phrasing his uninformed opinions as if they're facts. Drama queen stuff
                          Yeah, because prefacing a statement with "I think..." really says "this is a fact".
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            Late first round projection could realistically mean he slips to the 2nd with no guarantee. You gotta come back if your not in the top 15-20
                            And this is true also.

Comment

• If I were a betting man, I'd put money on this:

Etienne gets a degree from WSU and plays here 2 more years. Then he gets an NBA contract, spends some time in the G league and moves into the league.

The exception to that would be if he would be the primary PG this year and repeat as conference PoY. Then he's gone and IB is going to be a hot coach for HS (and portal) PG's wanting to get into the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                                If I were a betting man, I'd put money on this:

Etienne gets a degree from WSU and plays here 2 more years. Then he gets an NBA contract, spends some time in the G league and moves into the league.

The exception to that would be if he would be the primary PG this year and repeat as conference PoY. Then he's gone and IB is going to be a hot coach for HS (and portal) PG's wanting to get into the league.
                                That’s not unreasonable. I think either way, WSU continues to be Point Guard U.

Comment

Working...
                                X