No announcement yet.

Tyson Etienne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always first in and last to leave the gym. Putting up shots. Not upset to play defense. Willing passer. Gamer. Winner.
    The Assman

Comment

Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
        Always first in and last to leave the gym. Putting up shots. Not upset to play defense. Willing passer. Gamer. Winner.
        and doesn't mind an intense coach who pushes him

Comment

Love this dude.

Comment

“Sad to see my brothers go,” Etienne wrote. “I will cherish the bond I created with them forever and I wish them all the best in their next chapter. As for me, I truly believe in coaches’ vision for this program and his vision for me. I will have his back and our programs’ back. And do whatever is needed for us to be successful in this upcoming season. I made a promise to him, to Shocker Nation, and to myself to win in black and yellow. I will be returning to the Roundhouse next season to play in front of the best fans in all of college basketball.”

Comment

Much love #1!
              Go Shocks!

Comment

More of this kind of mentality on the team please.

Comment

I agree TE is a class act but we were already undersized on the perimeter even with JB and ES. The size
                  problem just got worse today. We now need to recruit at least one perimeter player who can both shoot
                  and guard bigger AAC guards. Maybe the incoming freshman can I don't know but size DOES matter.

Comment

Carsen Edwards lit it up and he's shorter than Tyson,

Not saying he will be as dynamic as Carsen, but if yo can create space and a shot for yourself, you don't have to be 6'4" (though it helps).
                    The Assman

Comment

Great quote TE! Love this kid!

Comment

Major change in recruiting M.O needed to happen and the wheels have been set in motion.
                        See It may whine about TE's height, but he is an AAC level player. So is DD and JE. Others...
                        Those that left today... Maybe a couple were AAC or close, but if this program wants to compete with the UC, UH and Penny's pipeline of recruits of the world, the talent level needs an upgrade.

Unless, you are content with yearly finishes in the middle of the AAC.
                        And... I can assure you HCGM is not content finishing behind those guys.

That is all.
                        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                          Major change in recruiting M.O needed to happen and the wheels have been set in motion.
                          See It may whine about TE's height, but he is an AAC level player.
                          I agree.

I'd rather have an undersized Tyson than a taller player who isn't as bought in.

Mindset and Culture should win out over Height and Build; if talent is close.

Hopefully Bilau and JaDun are of that ilk

The Assman

Comment

Tyson is an easy kid to like.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

I agree.

I'd rather have an undersized Tyson than a taller player who isn't as bought in.

Mindset and Culture should win out over Height and Build; if talent is close.

Hopefully Bilau and JaDun are of that ilk
                              Plus, Tyson may be short but he is built sturdily and is more than athletic enough. And he can shoot consistently and isn’t a turnover machine.

Comment

I tell you, Tyson’s quotes yesterday, still get me excited in places I shouldn’t mention!

In all seriousness, I am WAY more EXCITED and HAPPY to read about Tyson’s commitment to the program, to HCGM, and to himself than I am MAD or DISAPPOINTED about who left or what the said on the way out.

THAT is more of what this program need ls right now. If others aren’t as bought in, they should join the train out of town as well.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X