No announcement yet.

Visiting on Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand why some miss or even like Nuway. I've never been impressed with that place. Not sure I personally know anybody that likes it. But you guys obviously exist.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      I don't understand why some miss or even like Nuway. I've never been impressed with that place. Not sure I personally know anybody that likes it. But you guys obviously exist.
      You have obviously not developed a keen taste of what fine cousine is or you would not be blaspheming (word?) that which we know as Nuway. Trop not only knows good food but also knows what it is to live in paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
        If you are still staying in Park City a couple of places that you might like would be Defazzio's NW Wichita, Tys Diner downtown(hamburgers) only order fries for 4 if everyone goes because you get a bunch, Red Rock Canyon and Ya Ya's are more on the pricey side, but alot of people who move away always love to come home and eat at Nuway and if you go there make sure you get a root beer beause they make their own and maybe splurge and get the root beer float.
        I strongly second DeFazio's. Also, we have great BBQ. I'd first recommend Pig in Pig Out and th en Hog Wild.

Comment

NuWay is incredible. Root beer and NuWay's, the perfect combo. I rarely hear bad things said about it.

Comment

Freddie's..........fabulous burgers & fries

Comment

The only reason people like or even miss Nuway, is because they haven't had the opportunity to experience a Maid-Rite. :)

Comment

Pizza Hut: Made in Wichita :glee:

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                  Pizza Hut: Made in Wichita :glee:
                  Rent A Center also made in Wichita, but frequenting either establishment will make you sick.
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

could go to the great wichita BBQ - mcribs at mcdonalds!! For a limited time!

Comment

I started going there in the early 50's and it is still great, the original on West Douglas is the best.

I have a friend that will take 50 of them with him for his family in Dallas. Says his car smells slightly like grease for a while but well worth it.

NuWay and Root beer nothing better!
                      An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

I tried a McRib for the first time ever last night. It was alright I guess. Surprisingly not very filling. I needed to order more fries...

Comment

Originally posted by AG1219 View Post
                          The only reason people like or even miss Nuway, is because they haven't had the opportunity to experience a Maid-Rite. :)
                          Well, the original poster is from Iowa and it looks like there are a **** ton of Maid-Rite's in Iowa. He probably has an opinion on the matter.

Edit: Didn't realize that c-r-a-p is considered a curse word nowadays. smh...

Comment

Yeah, I second Pig-In, Pig-Out or Hog Wild for BBQ. Two Brothers isn't bad either and if you truly want to pig out they have the dinner buffet.

Gonna take home some dinner from Cafe Maurice tonight.

Comment

I think most who like NuWay harken back to the days when there just weren't that many options in Wichita. They ate it a lot growing up, and they still like it now.

I'm that way about Taco Pronto. From about age 13 until college I lived on the west side of town. I remember going there once or twice a week for lunch from high school. I still love the place, but most people who didn't have a similar experience don't think it's very good.
                              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Taco Pronto is good too. I like their food, but my favorite thing is their ice. It's like snow.

Comment

Working...
                                X