Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting on Saturday

Hey Shoker fans-
    I'll be visiting on Saturday - closest road trip for my Aggies since an NIT game at Ill St in 2008. We'll be arriving in Wichita about 3:00 and plan on attending an Alumni Function at 6:00. We'll be overnighting a the BW North/Park City.

Any suggestions for a decent mid-afternoon meal? I'll be meeting an Aggie group from Tulsa. I'm not a fan of big chain restaurants, and love to try local favorites.

With the results your team has had, and a couple injuries and lots of new players for the Aggies, I'm just hoping for a decent showing..

neIowa

My favorite non-chain restaurants are Marurice's Cafe (21st & Webb) or Bella Luna (3 locations), Adrians (21st & Rock).

If you are just wanting a great (big) burger I would recommend TJ's Burgerhouse (one downtown and one on S. Rock Road).

If a Sports Bar is your thing Louie's Grill at 21st and Webb is good. I love their Pizza.

Sweet Basil on North Woodlawn is also good.

Hope you have a great time except from about 7:00 to 9:00 pmn on Saturday and even then I hope your are treated well.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 8, 2011, 07:50 AM.

Comment

forgot to mention, "we" means the wife and our 6 kids, ages 9-14 and the Tulsa group is two adults.

Comment

Originally posted by AGinNEIowa View Post
        forgot to mention, "we" means the wife and our 6 kids, ages 9-14 and the Tulsa group is two adults.
        What type of food are you looking for? Do you want to be close to the arena or your hotel?

Comment

Could Try Barnr'ds on Woodlawn.
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Cajun Shack on 21st and Woodlawn is awesome! Shrimp po'boy delish.
            I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

Originally posted by AGinNEIowa View Post
              Hey Shoker fans-
              I'll be visiting on Saturday - closest road trip for my Aggies since an NIT game at Ill St in 2008. We'll be arriving in Wichita about 3:00 and plan on attending an Alumni Function at 6:00. We'll be overnighting a the BW North/Park City.

Any suggestions for a decent mid-afternoon meal? I'll be meeting an Aggie group from Tulsa. I'm not a fan of big chain restaurants, and love to try local favorites.

With the results your team has had, and a couple injuries and lots of new players for the Aggies, I'm just hoping for a decent showing..

neIowa
              To see the Park City fare, go here. http://mqvibe.mapquest.com/us/ks/park-city

Then scroll down.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

There is the local home grown resturant - Spangles. :glee:

Comment

AG, please check your messages.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                    There is the local home grown resturant - Spangles. :glee:
                    Did you articulate it clearly with a mouth full of spit?
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

thanks all! Looks like good info to look into.

WuDr, I've responded

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        AG, please check your messages.
                        :good:
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I also meant to link our board. Our fans are down right now, some predicting 20+ loss on Saturday. I don't get to see them much, but since Brady Jardine is out with injury, and Brockkeith Pane isn't playing up to our expectations, who knows what might happen....

Comment

If you are still staying in Park City a couple of places that you might like would be Defazzio's NW Wichita, Tys Diner downtown(hamburgers) only order fries for 4 if everyone goes because you get a bunch, Red Rock Canyon and Ya Ya's are more on the pricey side, but alot of people who move away always love to come home and eat at Nuway and if you go there make sure you get a root beer beause they make their own and maybe splurge and get the root beer float.

Comment

You would have to mention Nuway. Suddenly I'm starved and nothing here to satisfy me.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                              X