No announcement yet.

Post-season prediction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted for NIT because I believed that after the last two games, our chance for an At Large is gone.
    Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Originally posted by T.VuOP View Post
      I voted for NIT because I believed that after the last two games, our chance for an At Large is gone.
      I don't necessarily agree it's gone, but it's slowly slipping away. If they lose the 3 big road games and don't get another big win, it's going to get very hairy.

Comment

Originally posted by T.VuOP View Post
        I have to agree. Honestly, the committee doesn't have to follow any set rules as to who is invited as an at large. Its not set in stone. Analysts, tv commentators, anyone with a pundit or a blog is already writing or speaking about how great this conference is and that conference is. How many auto bids? 32?

Figure 36 AT LARGE BIDS (and judging commentary on ESPN, CBS, etc...)
        ACC - 5-6 at large
        Big12 - 5-6 at large
        Big10 - 8-9 at large
        SEC - 5-6 at large
        BigEast - 5-6 tat large
        PAC12 - 3-4 at large
        MWC - let's say SDSU doesn't win the conference auto bid. Just for argument. 1 at large
        Atl 10 - let's say Dayton loses the conference auto bid, so they get 1 at large.

Only 3 At Large Bids Remain at the low end, and the Tourney is 3-Over on the high end.

How many teams get bids from the:
        AAC?
        West Coast?

Trick question: How many Conference Champions from any conference not mentioned that FAIL to win their Conference Tourney are NIT Bound?
        Answer: Probably ALL of them. Guessing that includes New Mexico State 18-6, Stephen F Austin 20-3 with road win at Duke, and most likely includes Northern Iowa 20-3 and Liberty 22-3.

Comment

If coach decides to fall in love with a zone, we MIGHT beat Trmple.

If he plays a man, I'd say we lose, the way were playing now.

Not playing a zone against Temple cost us.

Count me as in the NIT group, unless we can find a way to turn it ariund.

Not only that, is anyone worried about our situation at post after this year is over? Because I definitely am.

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
            If coach decides to fall in love with a zone, we MIGHT beat Trmple.

If he plays a man, I'd say we lose, the way were playing now.

Not playing a zone against Temple cost us.
            Didn’t we give up offensive rebounds yesterday when we played zone?
            If the answer is yes, you probably won’t see it.

Comment

wichita state is 0-3 vs cincinnatti at koch since the shockers joined the aac. is cincinnatti supposed to be duke/ku/unc/uk or something? i don't think so.

nit coming up

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Didn’t we give up offensive rebounds yesterday when we played zone?
                If the answer is yes, you probably won’t see it.
                Cincinnati is not Temple. Cindy hits their outside shots, Temple does not.

Big difference.

Comment

Probably need to win a few games in AAC tourney to make the field of 68. 9 seed and JE gets to dance Colombian style!

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Cincinnati is not Temple. Cindy hits their outside shots, Temple does not.

Big difference.
                    So if they miss there will still be rebounds correct? Therein lies the problem.

Don’t think I am not wanting to play zone. But I’ve been around HCGM long enough to know if we start in a zone we won’t stay in one if we don’t rebound.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Wu View Post
                      So after looking at the box score
                      Wichita State
                      T. WadeF 27 4-7 0-2 0-0 0 3 3 2 1 0 0 1 8
                      J. EcheniqueC 32 9-19 0-2 1-2 5 6 11 2 1 3 0 4 19
                      D. DennisG 35 6-12 4-6 0-0 2 2 4 0 0 0 1 2 16
                      J. BurtonG 27 6-12 0-1 1-1 3 2 5 4 0 0 4 3 13
                      T. EtienneG 31 3-5 2-4 1-1 0 1 1 2 1 0 0 2 9
                      A. MidtgaardC 4 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 2 0
                      M. UdezeC 4 0-0 0-0 2-2 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 2 2
                      G. SherfieldG 24 3-7 1-3 0-2 0 2 2 2 0 0 1 1 7
                      E. StevensonG 16 2-6 1-4 0-0 0 1 1 1 2 0 3 0 5
                      TEAM 33-68 8-22 5-8 12 19 31 13 6 3 10 17 79
                      48.5% 36.4% 62.5%
                      I have to say that our Percent is up. That is good considering that its been a while we have shot like this. So we are getting better. And hopefully we can start winning games with our percentage like this. IF we keep it up we will not be winning UGLY.
                      That's the shortest bench Marshall has had in many years.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

i thought ggg was having fun coaching this team? said they were really getting after it.

Comment

HGCM seems to have become more mellow since moving to the AAC. I remember whenever we lost in the MVC, he seemed really upset during the postgame interviews with MK. Now it doesn't seem that way. Maybe it's because he knew it was harder to get an at large bid in the MVC compared to the AAC.

Comment

I did not vote in the poll because I was skeptical the Shockers could make the NIT. After today's game against Houston I don't think the Shockers should have a post season other than practicing with their teammates.

Comment

Still hope for a last 4 in at-large and get to dance...the alternative is ugly!
                              (missing the Big Dance in consecutive years)

Comment

This team isnt playing like they want to play in the post season.

Comment

Working...
                                X