No announcement yet.

Post-season prediction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we have UCF, Tulane and USF coming up. A good Shocker team would sweep these games, but I just have a feeling we will drop one of them. After these 3 games, they are all gonna be dogfights. Not feeling good about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      we have UCF, Tulane and USF coming up. A good Shocker team would sweep these games, but I just have a feeling we will drop one of them. After these 3 games, they are all gonna be dogfights. Not feeling good about it.
      Yup, dropping any of those would doom us. UCF MIGHT be acceptable only because it's on the road and Q2. But then we would need to win a couple of the hard road games and that's unlikely to happen without a drastic return to form.

Comment

CBS Sports is helping you get ready for March Madness with the latest news, picks, and predictions for the 2024 NCAA Basketball Tournament Bracket.

Still in and not in the play-in ( so not last 4 in) but an 11 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yup, dropping any of those would doom us. UCF MIGHT be acceptable only because it's on the road and Q2. But then we would need to win a couple of the hard road games and that's unlikely to happen without a drastic return to form.
          I think we need to sweep those or we’re out pending a nice AAC tourney run.

Comment

We are now on the wrong side of the bubble on T-Ranketology.

Has us finishing 22-9 (10-8) with 2 Q1 wins and 7 Q2 wins.

We are barely in (but in) if we go 2-0 this week.

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
              http://www.barttorvik.com/tranketology.php

We are now on the wrong side of the bubble on T-Ranketology.

Has us finishing 22-9 (10-8) with 2 Q1 wins and 7 Q2 wins.

We are barely in (but in) if we go 2-0 this week.
              Hope the other bubble teams lose...a lot. I don’t like our odds if it comes down to us and a P5 team for the last at-large.

Comment

Not even sure I wanna be in if this is the effort and performance we’re gonna see from this team. Could be an embarrassing tournament exit.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

At this point i really don't want to predict where we are going to land. I just want them to figure out what the plan is to correct the situation that is going on. We could land in the Dance, NIT, or CBA. Just as long as we get back to being a team.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    Not even sure I wanna be in if this is the effort and performance we’re gonna see from this team. Could be an embarrassing tournament exit.
                    Crazy stuff happens in March, and maybe we get a favorable matchup?

Yes I am bitter right now too but I of course want to see the Shox dance.

However...The way we played against Houston doesn’t even deserve a CBI invite!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

I think we could realistically go 2-6 the next 8 games
                      That's the W/L number I came up with.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

That's the W/L number I came up with.
                        All this talking. Care to put money where your mouth is?

This team is not trending good right now, but they aren’t closing the season going 4-11.

Some of you guys are melty soft.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The next 3 games, at UCF, home vs Tulane and home vs USF give the Shocks an good opportunity to regroup and reset. If that doesn't happen the closing 5-game stretch may not be pretty. After the next 3 games 4 of our remaining games are against teams currently ahead of the Shocks in the AAC standings. The opportunity is their for the Shocks. Whether or not they have the juice needed to take advantage of the opportunity is a huge question mark.

Comment

Working...
                          X