Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Basketball Tournament 2020 (Cotton is back!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

A logical decision... I believe the tournament should have been cancelled. Too many unknowns at this time.
    No way - time to get back to regular life and stop with this nonsense!

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Preach!!

Comment

We are going back to the regular, regardless if it's nonsense or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
          We are going back to the regular, regardless if it's nonsense or not.
          Maybe some are, I personally would rather take the safer direction, my family and friends deserve that.

Comment

Originally posted by B1ShockFan View Post

Maybe some are, I personally would rather take the safer direction, my family and friends deserve that.
            My family deserves me having a job and being able to put food on the table and a roof over their head. As long as you do not have a pre-existing condition and aren't in the elderly demographic who is at higher risk, it is safe to resume normal activities in a phased and appropriate manner. Hiding in a bunker and continuing to torpedo the countries economy is good for no one.

Comment

I don't disagree, but from what I read in the article, I understand why they didn't want to deal with all the crap to play in Columbus.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I don't disagree, but from what I read in the article, I understand why they didn't want to deal with all the crap to play in Columbus.
                True. Me too. There were so many variables and restrictions potentially being put on it that it just didn't make sense if it wasn't going to be in Wichita.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

True. Me too. There were so many variables and restrictions potentially being put on it that it just didn't make sense if it wasn't going to be in Wichita.
                  It makes 100% sense for the team.

1. Don't get to play in front of CKA
                  2. Don't have a chance at the "attendance" cut from the local regionals
                  3. Extended Timeline means more time away from everything else.
                  4. Very unlikely even without COVID that they would win it all IMO. With COVID, you also have to avoid the atomic bomb of one person on the team testing positive. So odds get even lower of getting to the payout.
                  5. If I remember right, they have to actually PAY to enter it. So very minimal payoff considering 1-4 for having to pay to enter.

Comment

I think these TBT guys are a little short sighted.
                    Why not have it in two locations, one in Ohio and one in Kansas.
                    Have the semifinals and finals at the location that draws better.

WSU set attendance records like this entity has never seen before.
                    Now they don't even have a WSU team in it.

Maybe next year.

Comment

Originally posted by David Rahm View Post
                      I think these TBT guys are a little short sighted.
                      Why not have it in two locations, one in Ohio and one in Kansas.
                      Have the semifinals and finals at the location that draws better.

WSU set attendance records like this entity has never seen before.
                      Now they don't even have a WSU team in it.

Maybe next year.
                      If they don't have fans in attendance, Wichita loses one of its biggest reasons to host.

There will be next year. The ticket office has already said we will be hosting next year. They are allowing people to transfer their tickets and seats to next year if they want.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Good reasoning. Difficult for guys to travel to Columbus. Changed dates meant that Clevin couldn’t get there in time. If one player tested positive for COVID, team would be disqualified. Probably best to just sit this one out.
                        I meant how did the faulty decision happen, where they decided to hold it in Columbus rather than Wichita?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockAzs View Post

I meant how did the faulty decision happen, where they decided to hold it in Columbus rather than Wichita?
                          Most of the teams are more East coast. Closer to them. Likely more accommodations. They aren't letting fans in so Wichita loses its biggest advantage to hosting

Comment

probably has to do with basketball facilities available as there will probably be multiple games going on at once as well as available class a hotel rooms.

Comment

In case this wasn't already posted...

Aftershocks won’t participate in The Basketball Tournament (TBT)

Comment

First team already eliminated due to COVID

Comment

Working...
                                X