No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Cincinnati Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait this is on the ESPN flagship? Now I'm REALLY nervous.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

if this statistic is true, we have more problems than I thought. As much as I like our guys, we need players that can score the ball.
      We have decent scorers/shooters... when they run the offense and don't take dumb shots.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

We have decent scorers/shooters... when they run the offense and don't take dumb shots.
        I like your optimism and tend to agree with it. However, at Tulsa, we were taking open shots and not making them (a few of them were bad but not most). They sagged down to take away JE who was our inside scorer. Fred, as a Junior and Senior was so good at usually getting a decent shot at the end of the shot clock by driving and dishing. Our young guards (especially Grant who has the most potential in this area) hopefully improve in this area.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I like your optimism and tend to agree with it. However, at Tulsa, we were taking open shots and not making them (a few of them were bad but not most). They sagged down to take away JE who was our inside scorer. Fred, as a Junior and Senior was so good at usually getting a decent shot at the end of the shot clock by driving and dishing. Our young guards (especially Grant who has the most potential in this area) hopefully improve in this area.
          I think because we've taken so many bad shots the last few games and have thus not made many, our confidence is shaken and it's basically mental at this point.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

This is hard to say, but I am just having a hard time rooting for these guys. Are there good dudes on this team? Do they like each other? Do they like playing basketball for Coach Marshall? I just find myself caring less. Maybe it's my age.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
              This is hard to say, but I am just having a hard time rooting for these guys. Are there good dudes on this team? Do they like each other? Do they like playing basketball for Coach Marshall? I just find myself caring less. Maybe it's my age.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Wait this is on the ESPN flagship? Now I'm REALLY nervous.

ESPN? Ya' gotta be $hittin' me...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Man you got off that bandwagon fast! Almost as quick as a Memphis fan!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Man you got off that bandwagon fast! Almost as quick as a Memphis fan!
                    Lol, riding that 30 year bandwagon.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I actually am the opposite. I love these guys and they love each other. 17-4 and having a rough patch on offense. They will get through it! Go Shox!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I think because we've taken so many bad shots the last few games and have thus not made many, our confidence is shaken and it's basically mental at this point.
                        Bingo. We have a SERIOUS case of the "yips" right now.
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

Bingo. We have a SERIOUS case of the "yips" right now.
                          That is the worst four letter word for a golfer...yikes!!!

Comment

What concerns me the most is the end of game scenarios, especially against a team like Cincinnati. They can just hand it to Cumberland and good things happen most of the time.

Vogt's going to be a problem too inside.

That being said, this is why we joined the American. I'll take this over drubbing the Geese, every day and twice on Sunday. I'm stoked to support these guys and looking forward to the game.

Comment

holy moly are there tickets available for the game tonight.. a marquee matchup with hundreds available for under $20 before taxes and fees.

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
                                holy moly are there tickets available for the game tonight.. a marquee matchup with hundreds available for under $20 before taxes and fees.
                                6 pm Weekday games are hard .. even for people already with tickets.

Comment

Working...
                                X