Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is winning the American regular season conference title?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
    always being the sarcastic smartass, i'd say whoever is in first place after the last game of the season!
    Kindof a bold take, given Memphis is in the league. I'd leave space for an asterisk.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post

The thread title asks who is “winning.” I’d say that’s whoever is at the top of the standings today!
      oh grasshopper, it’s not how you start, it’s how you finish that matters. plenty of basketball remaining.

Comment

NCAA Basketball: Dominant LSU, Anthony’s return and more weekly takeaways - FanSided Sports

by Brian Rauf
        Posted: 02/02/20

Here are the biggest takeaways from the past week in NCAA basketball, including a look at what Cole Anthony's return means for UNC, LSU's win streak & more.

"Tulsa is the team to beat in the American
        Raise your hand if you thought Tulsa would be in first place in the American on Super Bowl Sunday.

If you’re raising your hand, you’re a liar! A bold-faced liar.

The Golden Hurricane have been, well, golden (thank you, thank you, I’ll see myself out) since conference play started, going 7-1 with wins over each of the projected top three teams in the AAC in Houston, Memphis (by 40!), and Wichita State, which came in thrilling fashion.

They’ve won on the back of their defense, as they’ve held four of their last five opponents below 55 points. As a result, they’re all alone in first place with a half-game lead over Houston and Cincinnati, and they only have three games left against teams with winning records in conference play. Everything sets up for them to win the AAC’s regular-season title if they continue to take care of business.

Yet, despite being in control in the American, Tulsa is still a bubble team. They don’t have a Quad 1 win, are just 4-4 in games against Quad 1-2 opponents, and have a Quad 4 loss (home vs. Arkansas State).

Tulsa has needed this run, and they’ve gotten it. If they continue to play at this level, their NCAA Tournament status won’t be a question."

Comment

Still not impressed with Tulsa. I predict they settle back to their mean and finish around 5th.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Tulsa may end up being the 2008 Drake Bulldogs. The schedule is in their favor.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
              Yet, despite being in control in the American, Tulsa is still a bubble team. They don’t have a Quad 1 win, are just 4-4 in games against Quad 1-2 opponents, and have a Quad 4 loss (home vs. Arkansas State).
              The Shox arent a Q1 win?
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

The Shox arent a Q1 win?
                Nope we've dropped to 37 lately with our struggles. Still solid for a bid, but means home games vs WSU are considered Q2. There are no Q1 home games in the AAC right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Nope we've dropped to 37 lately with our struggles. Still solid for a bid, but means home games vs WSU are considered Q2. There are no Q1 home games in the AAC right now.
                  Ouchie.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Ouchie.
                    Mind boggling...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                    X